• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman #251 9.8

83 posts in this topic

Another 9.8 showed up on the census. This one is so pretty though, that it probably shouldn't affect the hammer price, right? (shrug)

Wrong. lol Finished at $3635.

doh! ...I wish I would have bid. lol

The likelihood that the new 9.8 has white on the spine is pretty high though which would knock it down a few pegs in my eyes. Believe me, I hope it doesn't and goes up for auction. :wishluck:

Oh well. :(

I bought my 9.4 for I believe under that amount :shy:

i bought that book raw, advertised as VF+ on eBay for $30, then had it signed at the WC for CGC sig series. :whistle:

I bought my now 9.6 raw for a little over that from a boardie :shy:

and i would've sold it a long time ago. :whistle:hm

Sold today on Ebay no less with an $850 BIN :acclaim:

Another 9.8 showed up on the census. This one is so pretty though, that it probably shouldn't affect the hammer price, right? (shrug)

And the copy on Clink ended tonight at $2,599.

Not surprised by that price. The first one looked MUCH better with the same page quality. A 4th 9.8 showed up on the latest census update as well.

Not surprised by that price. The first one looked MUCH better with the same page quality. A 4th 9.8 showed up on the latest census update as well.

That is the biggest problem with most BA 9.8s IMHO. Outside of a few exceptions, you never know how many 9.8s are lurking in the hands of long time collectors AND/OR how many 9.4s/9.6s can be pressed into a brand spanking new 9.8.

That is the biggest problem with most BA 9.8s IMHO. Outside of a few exceptions, you never know how many 9.8s are lurking in the hands of long time collectors AND/OR how many 9.4s/9.6s can be pressed into a brand spanking new 9.8.

The number of 9.6s went down by one this month. hm

Ugh. Especially with 9.8s and 9.6s being regularly added to the census each month. (shrug)

...because this book looks better than most 9.8 copies, it's white pages and an old label. It's a keeper for someone looking for a killer copy.

Properly centered white pagers are being snapped up at an alarming pace and strong prices. This is just another perfect example.

R.

...because this book looks better than most 9.8 copies, it's white pages and an old label. It's a keeper for someone looking for a killer copy.

Properly centered white pagers are being snapped up at an alarming pace and strong prices. This is just another perfect example.

R.

well, i don't know about "keeper" but as storms said: the book is likely already singing soprano.

R.

well, i don't know about "keeper" but as storms said: the book is likely already singing soprano.

I don't know how you guys can continue to "know" this without proof.

I'll bet the majority of books that go for silly money now (perfectly centered white pagers) go into a collection.

Nobody is going to spend "almost 9.8 prices" to tie their money up, crack, press, resub and resell to break even.

Now this is a price for a comic, despite the enthusiatic bidder, that I can live with. Adams and Joker issue that may be someone's grail at a price that he, and another, had to have it...

Jim

Jim, I fail to understand your reasoning. 2 times GPA for a common, bronze book that has multiple copies in 9.8 is ok but 2 times GPA for an older, tougher semi key early Marvel is not ok?

Let's not look at the dollars and cents because that is relative for everyone. Let's just look at the multiples. You seem to be contradicting your self.

Obviously the bidder in each auction can live with the price of the comic they paid for.

I'm not meaning to pick a fight, just trying to understand your reasoning.

:foryou: