• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading price difference multiplier on CGC books

31 posts in this topic

I'm trying to help a friend determine a fair market price for a book he wants me to sell on the forum.

Now since it is the only CGC 9.8 in the census, and only three of any copy sold in the past four years (CGC 8.5 for $61; CGC 9.0 for $19; CGC 9.4 for $56 in Oct ’07), how do you guesstimate a good price point?

Yes, I did SEARCH and entered topics such as "CGC pricing multiplier" and "CGC grading price differences" and came up with many topics, to include "Greggy got a strike" and "When Greggy comes back" and even "Greggy's got a brand new bag."

Is there a general formula to consider if there has never been a 9.8 sale since it is the only book out there, but you have previous lower-grade sales to base this on?

Thanks for any assistance.

Nick I'm thinking on the book & how sought after it is or might be.

9.8's do go for a higher price but if their is no market for it then you can always try and start at what you & your friend might think would be a good price.

If a 9.4 went for $56 in 07 then go up in price alittle bit because their were some who might want to up-grade or have top census in there collection, plus you can always add best~offer.

Great suggestions folks!

The book is DC Graphic Novel 4 (Jack Kirby's Hunger Dogs) CGC 9.8, which when he told me what he had in addition to the Elseworlds 80-Page Giant CGC 9.8, if anything he knew how to pick the right books.

Unfortunately, there are not many even graded DC Graphic Novel 4's (9 total, and no 9.6 copies which makes a 9.8 even more interesting).

Now the challenge is how to figure out a price on the only copy in that grade, and with sales figures that jump all over the place. Shows how odd the market can be when an 8.5 sold for more than a 9.4, but most probably due to where someone tried to sell it and when.

Appreciate the assistance.

Honestly, you shouldn't price it at all. Put it in a well advertised auction and see what happens. Without any really relevant data points, your chances of hitting the right value with a set price are pretty slim.

Either that or price it to the moon with an option to make an offer.

Honestly, you shouldn't price it at all. Put it in a well advertised auction and see what happens. Without any really relevant data points, your chances of hitting the right value with a set price are pretty slim.

(thumbs u

(thumbs u

Follower