• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2008/09 Grading Contest: Round 20 Results

39 posts in this topic

Welcome to 15th place David, where I've been for four straight rounds.

:hi:

How did you jump 20 places in one round? :/

When mistakes are made in scoring, it's corrected the NEXT round. Hence, some people may show a larger "jump" than normal...

In Divad's case, he had a 6 point swing from -1 to +5 for the last round. Coupled with his bullseye this round, he effectively went up 11 pts this round.

Welcome to 15th place David, where I've been for four straight rounds.

:hi:

How did you jump 20 places in one round? :/

Nik messed up my grade from Round 19 / Shin's place change calc works from the messed up entry. :)

2 bulls in a row never hurts, but I didn't really jump 20 places :grin:

Care for a side bet? . . . :baiting:

FINAL RANKING RULES

By the way, In case of TIES, we will be scoring by Number of 5 point rounds, then Number of 3 point rounds, then Number of 1 point rounds. If that does not produce a clear winner, we will go by the LESSER number of -1 point rounds.

If THAT does not produce a winner in case of a tie, we'll go by 1st instance of a bullseye and so forth...

The FINAL RANKING will show your UNIQUE place. There will be no ties in ranking.

Example #1:

While thirdgreenham and toro are tied for 1st place currently, if the contest were to end today, toro would be the winner since toro has 13 bullseyes to thirdgreenham's 12 bullseyes.

Example #2:

In the #15 spot, Aces and Divad are currently tied THROUGHOUT with 6 bullseyes, 9 3pt rounds, 3 1pt rounds, and 2 -1pt rounds. If the contest were to end today, Aces would win the tiebreaker with his 1st bullseye in the 3rd round. Divad's 1st bullseye did not come until the 5th round.

That clear enough?

If not, let me know! (thumbs u

:sorry:

lol (thumbs u

Ha! I own the tie breaker on you! :makepoint:

Keep guessing with the Nik bump and it won't matter :makepoint:

The drugs are making everything look better.

:insane:

Even some women... lol

FINAL RANKING RULES

By the way, In case of TIES, we will be scoring by Number of 5 point rounds, then Number of 3 point rounds, then Number of 1 point rounds. If that does not produce a clear winner, we will go by the LESSER number of -1 point rounds.

If THAT does not produce a winner in case of a tie, we'll go by 1st instance of a bullseye and so forth...

The FINAL RANKING will show your UNIQUE place. There will be no ties in ranking.

Example #1:

While thirdgreenham and toro are tied for 1st place currently, if the contest were to end today, toro would be the winner since toro has 13 bullseyes to thirdgreenham's 12 bullseyes.

Example #2:

In the #15 spot, Aces and Divad are currently tied THROUGHOUT with 6 bullseyes, 9 3pt rounds, 3 1pt rounds, and 2 -1pt rounds. If the contest were to end today, Aces would win the tiebreaker with his 1st bullseye in the 3rd round. Divad's 1st bullseye did not come until the 5th round.

That clear enough?

That means I am really in 7th place instead of 6th. We could eliminate the golf scores next year, on a round by round basis, by using the tiebreaker system every round, and that would spread the standings out better. But, it might be too much a pain to do it every round. I am not a spreadsheet guy. :shrug:

FINAL RANKING RULES

Example #1:

Example #2:

That clear enough?

That means I am really in 7th place instead of 6th. We could eliminate the golf scores next year, on a round by round basis, by using the tiebreaker system every round, and that would spread the standings out better. But, it might be too much a pain to do it every round. I am not a spreadsheet guy. :shrug:

Without a lot of data, there would be a lot of ties that cannot be broken in the early rounds by ANY method... :gossip:

If Nik starts providing actual guesses instead of scores, we could actually identify the undergraders vs overgraders though... :devil:

(I admit to using a Nik bump which frequently/usually is VERY VERY wrong!) lol