• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dc's Best Comic Cover of all Time Vs the Boards Worst

63 posts in this topic

Isn't there a photo cover featuring someone dressed as Captain America?
Yes it was a Marvel Team Up. I think it's still in the old thread I linked to.

MTU 9? - i've never seen it but heard bad things....

As for superman, he is a , someone needs to kryptonite him good.

262-2.jpg

People tend to cry Uncle! when I post this one :whistle:

This one is bad enough, but it is even worse when you consider the context of when it came out. Spider-man's black costume was still one of the hottest things in comics and people were grabbing anything he/it was showing up in. Then out of nowhere, this junker shows up on the stands.

Here's the top 8 from the DC War Comic Cover Survivor Series that I held last year. Of course everybody's tastes are different, but these were the results from the voting:

gic097.jpg

gic076.jpg

gic083.jpg

gic078.jpg

gic087.jpg

gic091.jpg

aamow094.jpg

gic080.jpg

Andy :headbang:

Rich Buckler should be part of this conversation.

BL.jpg

To be fair, being inked by Vince Colletta doesn't help.

The really terrible thing about that cover is that it makes Black Lightning look like the most low-rent superhero ever. He can beat up two guys at once! But he's in danger because somebody's throwing a dart at him??!

BL.jpg

The really terrible thing about that cover is that it makes Black Lightning look like the most low-rent superhero ever. He can beat up two guys at once! But he's in danger because somebody's throwing a dart at him??!

True on Colletta. And the coloring on many of the DC superhero books from this period was just atrocious.

But can you blame Colletta or the colorist for the countless anatomy issues on this cover? Or the prehensile big toe on one of the baddies? :insane:

BL.jpg

True on Colletta. And the coloring on many of the DC superhero books from this period was just atrocious.

But can you blame Colletta or the colorist for the countless anatomy issues on this cover? Or the prehensile big toe on one of the baddies? :insane:

At least Buckler's not afraid to TRY drawing feet.

Then there's the left arm of the guy hurling the dart. How exactly is it connected to his body?

Is BL beating on the baddie up front for wearing an orange and green leotard?

Jack