• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dc's Best Comic Cover of all Time Vs the Boards Worst

63 posts in this topic

I hadn't seen this one before but that artwork is just repulsive! Good choice for this thread! :sick:

peterparkertspiderman19-f.jpg

The Truly Amazing Spider-Foot!

Highly stylized? Yuck-oh?

Probably a love-it-or-hate-it cover. This is Erik Larsen, right?

Jack

That's his left foot coming over his body? Um...that just doesn't work. (tsk) Perhaps only Plastic Man can bend that way.

This thread is about the best covers as well as the worst, right? Other than my post earlier, I haven't seen anyone posting their favourite covers.... Are there none? hm

Andy

That's his left foot coming over his body? Um...that just doesn't work. (tsk) Perhaps only Plastic Man can bend that way.

This thread is about the best covers as well as the worst, right? Other than my post earlier, I haven't seen anyone posting their favourite covers.... Are there none? hm

Andy

Best?

That's not how I read the instructions

"we've all got our favourites but the masses have spoken so instead i was wondering what is your least favourite/worst (or at least down right horrible) cover in your opinion?"

Jack

30205696326.39.GIF

This is a new one to me... just what the hell is happening on this cover? It's one thing to have bad anatomy or a bad style, but can someone explain this mess?

I just looked it up. Mark Badger pencils and inks. So there isn't even an inker to blame!

It looks like Doctor Doom is going to cry. I don't blame him.

Andy

Best?

That's not how I read the instructions

"we've all got our favourites but the masses have spoken so instead i was wondering what is your least favourite/worst (or at least down right horrible) cover in your opinion?"

Jack

Perhaps I should read first... :blush:

It was covers like these that led to my first sabbatical from comics:

Thank you Al Milgrom...

hulk_271.jpg

---

This one's just horrible...

hulk_287.jpg

---

What was Byrne thinking here?

thing_007.jpg

---

Okay, back to Milgrom. Just look at the fine attention to detail...

wca_025.jpg

---

Another West Coast classic brought to you by Mr. Milgrom...

wca_032.jpg

You're killing me, Letsrumble.

How about combining Mr. Milgrom with Rich Buckler? Apparently this timeless combination results in abnormally tiny feet.

NG.jpg

Is that a knee to the groin too?

Did Milgrom ALWAYS use those stupid, randomly radiating lines when he didn't feel like drawing a background?

Sorry, I know a lot of people aren't going to like this but I have to nominate a Kirby cover. I consider Kirby's artwork from his time at DC to be some of the worst comic art I have ever seen. It's not even that I dislike this cover. I HATE IT. I cringe every time I see it. A lot of his work on Kamandi is just about as bad. The vampire looks like one of those inflatable holiday lawn ornaments, and the werewolf looks more like the Cowardly Lion.

supespal.jpg

Sorry, I know a lot of people aren't going to like this but I have to nominate a Kirby cover. I consider Kirby's artwork from his time at DC to be some of the worst comic art I have ever seen. It's not even that I dislike this cover. I HATE IT. I cringe every time I see it. A lot of his work on Kamandi is just about as bad. The vampire looks like one of those inflatable holiday lawn ornaments, and the werewolf looks more like the Cowardly Lion.

supespal.jpg

I think you're right...a lot of people aren't going to like it! lol