• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT barrett jackson auctions

55 posts in this topic

Sellers state what there cars are, its up to the buyer to be the expert and identify if the car is the real deal or a restored fake. Over the years there have been some confused and a little po'd buyers that were taken and refused to pay up for the clones. Its fun to watch on TV, enjoy it every year.

Cars can be the real deal, a restored real deal, or a restored fake.

But thank God for trim.

goes w/o saying, but we're talking cars now.

It does.

Here's an example for you.

Yesterday someone paid $60,000 + for a 1980 Turbo Trans Am, because it could be documented that the car had less than 500 miles on it.

Someone else paid $80,000 for a 1969 Z 28, because it could be documented it was all matching parts, and had been meticulously restored.

Someone would pay considerably less than that for, say, a 1969 base Camaro that had been meticulously restored to LOOK like a 1969 Z 28.

Just imagine what someone pays for a rare 1969 Z 28 that actually can be documented to have less than 500 miles on it, and I think you get close to the upper 6 figures noted earlier in the thread.

69 Z-28 all original, less then 500 miles and show room condition? I would imagine upper 6 figures. That is just something that is hard to come by. You really cant get a better model then that.

My neighbor coincidentally has a 69 z-28.

Sometime last summer by brother in law sent me a picture. The guy across the street from him had apparently finally sold the one he had kept in his garage since at least the early 70's. They had a big gathering in the street loading it up on the flatbed.. That 69 light blue, stock rims (12"? :insane:), seriously, the size of those wheels, tires makes me laugh.

Can't find the photo now. doh!

Could have bought a Buick Stage III about 15 years ago for $3500.00 Covertible with a 455. I didnt have a bidders card.

I have loved the Grand National since I was a kid. The GNX version goes for a lot of money though.

Anyone know if GNX's have been going for more than what the one today sold for?

300 miles on it, $86,000.

Also drooled at at '04 ZR 1, 30,000 miles and less than $30K.

:censored: I didnt think it was on today. i checked but didnt see it on the menu guide today.

I remember one selling about 5 years ago for $40,000. I see they have grown in price. Sweet, sweet car though. For a car that big to be as fast or faster than corvettes amazes me.

Yes i saw it. See the plane that went for over a million?? I had no idea it was on. For some reason i didnt see it on the guide channel. ill catch the re-run sometime. the auction in HD is awesome!!

Jeff

I've always been fascinated with the Shelby AC Cobra. Years ago, I worked with a small IT consulting firm, and one of the sister companies partners told me how he once owned one. He told me that he had one flat too many on the car, and that removing the wheel to repair it was not the easiest thing to do on those cars. He eventually sold it for 60K many years prior to recounting the story to me, which seemed like an incredible deal for whoever bought it at that time, as the car could not be bought for less than 150K back in the late 90's. I watched one sell for a lot more money a few years back during a televised Barrett Jackson auction, and I can't imagine an original could now be bought for less than a million.

That is my dream car. My father's as well. The Cobra 427 was the fastest production car ever made at the time. I had a chance to meet Carroll Shelby a few years ago in the Atlantic City auction but didnt get his autograph. We regret that now.

But an awesome machine!!

That is my dream car. My father's as well. The Cobra 427 was the fastest production car ever made at the time. I had a chance to meet Carroll Shelby a few years ago in the Atlantic City auction but didnt get his autograph. We regret that now.

But an awesome machine!!

A local guy used to build mocks by me. Looked the same, better suspension, and a list of motor options. I knew one guy that had one, thing was pretty fast. I like them, cool cars.

I always wanted a mazda miata. Ford makes a conversion kit to drop a 5.0 in it, and I think curry makes a 9 inch rear that bolts in. Tweak the 302 to a 347, small NOS kit, and a good suspension and you should have a low 10 second car.

But an awesome machine!!

A local guy used to build mocks by me. Looked the same, better suspension, and a list of motor options. I knew one guy that had one, thing was pretty fast. I like them, cool cars.

I always wanted a mazda miata. Ford makes a conversion kit to drop a 5.0 in it, and I think curry makes a 9 inch rear that bolts in. Tweak the 302 to a 347, small NOS kit, and a good suspension and you should have a low 10 second car.

I got the Factory Five brochure and DVD a couple of years ago. For roughly $20,000 you cant beat it. 302 5.0 gets dropped in. One day, one day.

Jeff

But an awesome machine!!

I got the Factory Five brochure and DVD a couple of years ago. For roughly $20,000 you cant beat it. 302 5.0 gets dropped in. One day, one day.

Jeff

Probably the same thing. And c'mon that other clown should be out of business soon enough for you guys to start getting paid

But an awesome machine!!

Jeff

Probably the same thing. And c'mon that other clown should be out of business soon enough for you guys to start getting paid

lol You missed East Hanover yesterday.

But an awesome machine!!

Jeff

Im not setting up until March. Needed a break, and some time to get the boy settled in. Too close to the due date (thumbs u

But an awesome machine!!

Jeff

Im not setting up until March. Needed a break, and some time to get the boy settled in. Too close to the due date (thumbs u

(thumbs u

The cars are nice but I will stick to comics.

They cost less to insure, less to maintain, less to store, and the average pre-1970 comic has appreciated at a much higher pace than the average pre-1970 car.

Now if only I could drive my comics........