• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THREAD CLOSED

46 posts in this topic

Hey all, I told this guy about the boards and he obviously didn't know where to post, so I'm doing this for him. Here is his original post.

XMEN#1 AMONG THESE!!!!!

HELLO!

SET OF 4 COMICS RANGING IN CONDITION FROM 3.5 TO 5.0

$1200 IS A BARGAIN, BELOW MKT. VALUE!!!

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BUY THEM EMAIL ME FOR PICTURES

PLEASE ONLY EMAIL IF YOU HAVE THE CASH...LIFE IS SO BUSY.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST.

I AM HAPPY TO SEND PICTURES TO SERIOUS INQUIRES.

I AM IN CHICAGO.

romanpod@mac.com

trimmedX-Men1-1.jpg

PoliceComic.jpg

Plasticman38.jpg

Plasticman12.jpg

Szelim,

It should. I put the book up in the grading/resto forums because I was thinking of buying it and I wanted member's opinions. I decided against getting it and picked up a nice Avengers #1 instead. I told him about the boards after I told him I didn't have the money anymore. His name is Gustav, he seems pretty cool. I've talked to him once or twice on the phone about his books. He doesn't claim to know too much about these books, so if someone told him what FMV was and made an offer with that explaination, I bet he'd take it.

Szelim,

It should. I put the book up in the grading/resto forums because I was thinking of buying it and I wanted member's opinions. I decided against getting it and picked up a nice Avengers #1 instead. I told him about the boards after I told him I didn't have the money anymore. His name is Gustav, he seems pretty cool. I've talked to him once or twice on the phone about his books. He doesn't claim to know too much about these books, so if someone told him what FMV was and made an offer with that explaination, I bet he'd take it.

Thanks for the recall! (thumbs u

Szelim,

What do you think he would take for the x-men #1???

I can give him no reference whatsoever. Sorry. All I can tell you is that I put a pic of the X-Men #1 up on the grading boards and it drew 3.0's and 3.5's, maybe a 4.0. The other ones got VG's at best.

I also put up the X-Men #1 on the restoration boards and based on the amount of art showing on all sides and the cut, noone suspects any trimming.

I have not held the book in hand, so all I can do is tell you what others have surmised. Ask him for pics of the whole book. I'm sure he will accomodate you. He's been trying to sell these books on Craigslist for a while now.

I was going to post pretty much the same thing a few minutes ago. Not to derail the thread or insult the sller in any way, but putting books for sale that you dont even have possesion of seems a bit dangerous. Now if he is putting them up for potential buyers to contact the actual owner I guess thats a little different (shrug)

very nice looking x men 1 though, hope all goes well and someone gets a good deal (thumbs u

Joker,

Please don't get the wrong idea. I'm not trying to be a go-between for this guy. I had told him about the boards here after I was sure I wasnt going to buy them. He does own these books and the orginal post he put somewhere else on here, and of course as you can suspect, they tore him a new one! I just put it in the right place.

Like I said, any serious questions ask him.

ArAich,

I am the owner of the 5.0 Restored X-Men. Those post were mine. I still do have the book. I dropped my asking price to $1,000 but noone has taken it, so I was holding off for a while. If you are interested, PM me.

ArAich,

I am the owner of the 5.0 Restored X-Men. Those post were mine. I still do have the book. I dropped my asking price to $1,000 but noone has taken it, so I was holding off for a while. If you are interested, PM me.

I don't understand???...he has the books but you have the pics???... (shrug)

lol...yes. He sent me pics of all the books he is trying to sell when I was considering buying them. He put his original ad up in the wrong spot here so I just re-posted it here and added the pics.

here's his post:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879580&nt=2&fpart=1

Call me skeptical but it just feels a little weird that a 1 post wonder comes here and posts in the wrong forum selling a key book and some decent golden age...then you decide to post here and host pics for Mr. 1 post and say that he doesn't know anything about the comics...

May all be up and up but it just feels weird... :insane:

ArAich,

Well, I didn't say he doesnt know anything about the comics, I said he doesnt know much about comics in general. (He thought the X-Men #1 was a 7.0 at first.)

Who knows how much he knows. I'm not giving him my endorsment in any way. I just put his ad in the right place. I also know a bit about the rules here and he didn't post scans so I did it for him. No biggie. I think r1970d (Roy) has snagged the X-Men#1 already.

If you are serious about it, write the guy. Also, If you were serious about wondering whether or not I still have mine, I do and am open to offers.

lol...yes. He sent me pics of all the books he is trying to sell when I was considering buying them. He put his original ad up in the wrong spot here so I just re-posted it here and added the pics.

here's his post:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879580&nt=2&fpart=1

Post doesn't exist.