• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THREAD CLOSED

46 posts in this topic

Joker,

Please don't get the wrong idea. I'm not trying to be a go-between for this guy. I had told him about the boards here after I was sure I wasnt going to buy them. He does own these books and the orginal post he put somewhere else on here, and of course as you can suspect, they tore him a new one! I just put it in the right place.

Like I said, any serious questions ask him.

To avoid further confusion, you'd be better off closing this thread and removing the info from the original post. Then direct the actual seller to make his own sale thread so that interested parties will know who is the correct person to contact.

Joker,

Please don't get the wrong idea. I'm not trying to be a go-between for this guy. I had told him about the boards here after I was sure I wasnt going to buy them. He does own these books and the orginal post he put somewhere else on here, and of course as you can suspect, they tore him a new one! I just put it in the right place.

To avoid further confusion, you'd be better off closing this thread and removing the info from the original post. Then direct the actual seller to make his own sale thread so that interested parties will know who is the correct person to contact.

Ain't that the truth! When I first joined, I didn't know how to post pics so Tom (Tmoore) did it for me. Noone thought anything since Tom is a veteran on here. But geez, some of these guys are really, um, careful. I don't want to ruin my rep on here. I've done a lot of purchasing and some selling. Don't want that to end.

How do I close/end this thread?

Joker,

Ain't that the truth! When I first joined, I didn't know how to post pics so Tom (Tmoore) did it for me. Noone thought anything since Tom is a veteran on here. But geez, some of these guys are really, um, careful. I don't want to ruin my rep on here. I've done a lot of purchasing and some selling. Don't want that to end.

How do I close/end this thread?

Edit your original post and change the title to closed.

People tend to be careful when spending $800 on a funnybook in a transaction that may/may not even be protected in some way. (Especially when said book appears to have some resto done on it from the picture... trimming, cover cleaning, etc.)

-Rob-

Rob,

I hear ya. The main reason I didnt buy it was because I had my reservations about the possible cover trimming. The guys on the resto forum said because of the amount of art showing in other places and the possible miswrap, it might not be trimmed. I didnt take the chance though and got the Avengers #1 instead! :)

I'll get rid of the post and let him re-do it if he wants.

Rob,

I hear ya. The main reason I didnt buy it was because I had my reservations about the possible cover trimming. The guys on the resto forum said because of the amount of art showing in other places and the possible miswrap, it might not be trimmed. I didnt take the chance though and got the Avengers #1 instead! :)

I'll get rid of the post and let him re-do it if he wants.

So...you helped sell a comic book that you now reveal may have been restored...WTF :screwy:

ArAich,

That's not for me to judge. Any comic can potentially have resto. All I said was that I personally passed because I don't know enough about resto and trimming to make that judgement. Thus, I posted the scan on the Restoration Issues thread here to get an idea of what the guys here (especially the Veterans) thought. Most if not all said they didn't suspect trimming because of the amount of art showing and the apparent miswrap of the cover. Do you just read the parts you want to read or do you read all of the post? I also stated that I did NOT vouch for this guy in any way. Just posted the ad for him in the right place with pics. LAST time I try to help someone out, at least here. I can see it's every man for himself and everyone is suspect.

Anyway, the point is moot because I think someone has purchased at least the X-Men #1 because they were sending him a PM from his first post that he put in the Comics: General thread.

Caio

Nope...I read the whole thing...I actually even comprehend it all...

What you fail to understand is that you sent up a ton of red flags:

1)Hosting pics for a 1 post wonder.

2)Your pic gallery also show a restored copy of X-Men 1

3)You state that the copy could possibly be restored.

My whole point is exactly why do you think we would not be suspicious???...

LAST time I try to help someone out, at least here. I can see it's every man for himself and everyone is suspect.

Couldn't be further from the truth...If it is everyman for himself then i wouldn't be so persistent since I don't want anybody to get ripped off...I'm not looking out for myself...I'm looking out for everybody else...

If I'm wrong...I'm wrong...but I sure ain't doing this for myself...

LAST time I try to help someone out, at least here. I can see it's every man for himself and everyone is suspect.

Couldn't be further from the truth...If it is everyman for himself then i wouldn't be so persistent since I don't want anybody to get ripped off...I'm not looking out for myself...I'm looking out for everybody else...

If I'm wrong...I'm wrong...but I sure ain't doing this for myself...

Agreed. We're even looking out for the OP (returner) in recommending the closing of this sale thread, as the OP does not wish to become involved in any disputes that potentially could arise as a result of sales in this thread. While it was courteous to help out, it would be much better to understand where your involvement ends before helping out.

My 2c anyway.

szelim,

You got that right. I even tried to end the thread, but someone had to add more fuel to the fire. Honestly, I could care less if the guy sells his book or not. Just trying to do the guy a favor by posting it in the right place. Glad we have the CGC Detective here to spend what seems to be considerable time on the boards checking for this stuff. IMHO, that = a lot of free time.

To clear everything up, and in true hopes that a certain someone actually READS what I write, I never said it was restored. I said that I didnt know enough about restoration to know whether it was trimmed or if it was the cut. The Veterans, that is, the guys who actually know a little something about books, told me they don't think so due to the art showing and the apparent miscut. I guess someone on here keeps failing to read that. Either way, it's like arguing with a 4yr old. You're not going to win because they won't listen.

Once again, I tried to close this thread but people want it to stay open for some reason. Let it go. There are some good games on. GO CARDINALS!!!

CONSIDER THIS TREAD CLOSED!!!!!

szelim,

You got that right. I even tried to end the thread, but someone had to add more fuel to the fire. Honestly, I could care less if the guy sells his book or not. Just trying to do the guy a favor by posting it in the right place. Glad we have the CGC Detective here to spend what seems to be considerable time on the boards checking for this stuff. IMHO, that = a lot of free time.

To clear everything up, and in true hopes that a certain someone actually READS what I write, I never said it was restored. I said that I didnt know enough about restoration to know whether it was trimmed or if it was the cut. The Veterans, that is, the guys who actually know a little something about books, told me they don't think so due to the art showing and the apparent miscut. I guess someone on here keeps failing to read that. Either way, it's like arguing with a 4yr old. You're not going to win because they won't listen.

Once again, I tried to close this thread but people want it to stay open for some reason. Let it go. There are some good games on. GO CARDINALS!!!

CONSIDER THIS TREAD CLOSED!!!!!

I don't know returner but it seems to me he's catching a lot of flack for trying to help someone list a book although I think the book itself is suspect. Looks possibly trimmed and cleaned but what can you really tell from the scans? I don't get the feeling that returner is trying to do anything remotely wrong but in the future recommend he(or anyone) refrain from helping anyone list questionable books. GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!