• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

" The pain, the pain...."

6 posts in this topic

I was going through some old stuff I had saved, and I came across the only two pages I had saved of my old MVS collection. Now mind you I was ten years old when they started in March of 1974 ( December of '73?). Marvel Value Stamps Anyway, I can actually still recall my mother telling me how stupid it was to cut them out of my comics, ( you were right Mom) and I remember to the spot in our house where the conversation happened. So I do a Google on MVS's today, and I find the page that lists which books each stamp appeared in, and I see that two of the stamps I still have today could only possibly have been cut out of Hulk 181 and 182( I didn't own the other books). So if you are one of the people out there holding a MVS 'less copy of one of these books, your debt of gratitude should be directed to....the Greatest. 893whatthe.gif

I'm sure its been on the boards before.. but here is mvstamps.com smirk.gif

I just spent a half hours looking at every pag of that site!

amazing! I was reading and collecting back then but just never felt the urge to cut them out. I guess mostly because , as a completist, sinec I was only buying a few Marvels a month I knew Id never get them all!! Lucky me! Except that I had stopped reading Hulk at issue 150!!