• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

G.I. Joe's. What is sought after?

27 posts in this topic

Just a quick question for the GI Joe collectors. Which books are sought after, which are hard to find in grade, and which books are good bets for the future? The GI Joe/Transformers?

Besides #21 :)

Any origin issue & anything to do with snake eye's & storm shadow :sumo:

Some variants, but M.Turners book for image is doing very well raw or slabbed

Looks like HG issues from 136 and up, the usual iss 21, high grade 1 and 2 look good. For some reason the Transformer appearances are getting some money in HG. I was surprised to see the issues I had didn't sell though, but I did sell several of the later issues.

I'm thinking of getting a few iss 21s signed by Ray Park in Seattle.

Well I'm still holding out for the 9.8 in raw to come my way after that maybe have it signed .. :P

I hate to say it, but after all these years I never looked at issue 21 until someone just sent me a VF copy to "read." Interesting intro issue for a character.

There was a SS #21 CGC 9.6 by Ray Park recently on eBay that brought in well over $250, so imagine what a 9.8 SS could be worth.

I really hope Ray Park will find his way to a convention soon. My Renegar edition is just begging for his sig.

I really hope Ray Park will find his way to a convention soon. My Renegar edition is just begging for his sig.

Ask Par2ch about trying to get Ray Park's sig....

Brian

Ask Par2ch about trying to get Ray Park's sig....

Brian

I'll do that thanks! (thumbs u

Just a quick question for the GI Joe collectors. Which books are sought after, which are hard to find in grade, and which books are good bets for the future? The GI Joe/Transformers?

Besides #21 :)

I have found that the #63 so much fun edition is sought after, hard to find in any shape especially HG, and will probably continue to be a good bet for the future.

I also think the cover is really cool.

gijoe63.jpg

1-21, 26, 27, 60 (meh), 93-96, 100, 140-155. Oh, and Special #1.

:)

That's a good list....93-96 are going to be especially sought after. A # 93 in CGC 9.8 recently bought $500 on ebay, and the other issues from 94-96 have fetched $400 in CGC 9.8 before.

Another breakout book might be Joe # 144 in 9.8 (Origin of Snake Eyes disfigurement).

Heres one I have for sale

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=147932&Number=2874946#Post2874946

Ray park has not annouced any shows for 09 other than one in Canada. He is a pretty hard sig to get.

I have the book at a great price considering the last CGC 9.6 with Parks sig went for over $250 and that was WITHOUT the even more difficult Mike Zeck sig.