• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

getting CGC cases signed? would you?

53 posts in this topic

the todd mcfarlane signing is coming up in a few days here in PHX..

i have two 9.9 slabs that i'm considering having Todd sign the cases of..I don't see any real downside to this, but there are lots of collecting 'quirks' that I don't understand (ie some people not liking SS books and such)..

would a signed CGC case deter anyone from buying a slab? on the other side of the coin, would it 'sweeten' the deal for anyone?

they are both books that I don't plan on selling, but may down the road..that and i don't have the balls to crack them and get them SSd..

any thoughts? hm

What would be cool is if CGC made a clear sticker with a boarder and their logo on it to go over case signing. Thus preserving it, and not really interferring with the slab.

Would be cool, and have CGC witnesses to doll them out when cases are signed.

(shrug)

What would be cool is if CGC made a clear sticker with a boarder and their logo on it to go over case signing. Thus preserving it, and not really interferring with the slab.

Would be cool, and have CGC witnesses to doll them out when cases are signed.

(shrug)

that WOULD be cool... hm

could be probs with counterfeiting them though, methinks..perhaps not..

that, and i don't see how CGC would profit from this...i guess they could charge $10 a sticker or something (:

someone should get kevin boyd rolling on this idea, though...melikes

I've gotten a couple slabs signed by artists as opposed to cracking the book out and adding their sig to the physical book. Sometimes I just don't feel like paying the SS fees again for adding a single signature to a book.

Generally though, if you're looking to resell a book down the road, cracking the book out and paying that extra money will probably be better for you in the long run.

If you plan on keeping the book for yourself, who cares how you get it signed. As long as you know it's real...

True. I gues the main benefit for some collectors is that they can have a treasured book signed without compromising the grade through de-slabbing, and reslabbing the book.

I know we have the stunning example of the IH#181 going from a 9.6 to a 9.8. But I'm guessing thats the exception to the rule.

A lot of careful efforts has to go into maintaining the condition of raw books in a given state when contending with signee's handling them, and all the other handling involved. Certainly not an entirely stress free process.

This option would allow some flexibility for other's to get slab's signed.

And CGC issued stickers over the top, with holograms etc, would do the trick (thumbs u

Definitely food for thought.

Well you would not need a witness for the on slab signature.

Or else if a witness was getting it signed then there woud be costs

Yes you can cut it anyway you like really.

Official, un-official, it all works, keep yourself happy.

I wouldn't get a slab signed any more than I would get a mylar signed. What's the point? You're getting plastic signed. huh?

2c

Well for one thing, you could give Stan some really big off marker pen, and he could really go to town on the slab... and for once, the book owner would be a happy camper (thumbs u

I wouldn't get a slab signed any more than I would get a mylar signed. What's the point? You're getting plastic signed. huh?

2c

Well for one thing, you could give Stan some really big off marker pen, and he could really go to town on the slab... and for once, the book owner would be a happy camper (thumbs u

:insane:

72489.jpg.baec485a03bcd86ba7a5555988a26071.jpg

2c

:insane:

lollollollol