• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC LABELING

10 posts in this topic

I have about six or seven high grade Daredevils I have purchase over the last six or seven months that are Tremont Copies. My question is, if I send them to CGC for slabbing, will they note that they are Tremonts in the labels. Any info would be appreciated.

DRX

No sir. CGC only recognizes the following pedigree collections on their label:

Allentown

Aurora

Bethlehem

Big Apple

Boston

Bowling Green

Carson City

Central Valley

Chicago

Cosmic Aeroplane

Crowley

Curator

Davis Crippen “D” Copy

Denver

Don Rosa Collection

Don/Maggie Thompson Collection

Edgar Church (Mile High)

Gaines File Copy

Green River

Hawkeye

Kansas City

Larson

Lost Valley

Mass. Copy

Mohawk Valley

Northford

Northland

Nova Scotia

Oakland

Ohio

Okajima

Pacific Coast

Palo Alto

Pennsylvania

Recil Macon

River City

Rockford

Rocky Mountain

Salida

San Francisco

Spokane

Twilight

Vancouver

Western Penn

White Mountain

Windy City

Winnipeg

:gossip:

Mill High II was a one time thing. They only accepted a single submission from Chuck, and will not note it on the label if you submit one.

So, If buying a book that is not in a recognized pedigree collection ( as the Tremont collection ), then I guess theres no sense in overpaying for a book in that collection, if your going to get it slabbed? If CGC wont lable the book as such, money is best spent elswhere, since the Tremonts are very pricey. Any opinions?

DRX

Some of these were bought from Metropolis. There is only a seperate sticker on the sleeve and a notation on the lable with the grade. They came with no certificates, and I have no idea if they issued certificates with those books. So, if I send them out for slabbing, all I have to verify is the old mylar sleeve with the stickers on them. I dont think thats going to be of much value, if I someday go to sell them, or if it would change the value anyway, since this is not a recognized collection!

DRX

So, If buying a book that is not in a recognized pedigree collection ( as the Tremont collection ), then I guess theres no sense in overpaying for a book in that collection, if your going to get it slabbed? If CGC wont lable the book as such, money is best spent elswhere, since the Tremonts are very pricey. Any opinions?

DRX

If there are no outstanding definitive qualities about them (such as bone white pages) or some form of notoriety, I wouldn't cough up the extra money unless it has some personal meaning to you. But you never know - if a collection is special enough, it may warrant CGC consideration in the future.