• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fantastic four *DELETED*

8 posts in this topic

ok here it goes... me being fairly new (as in today) to comic book collecting, I came across something of a minor gold mine while my father and I went through some of his old comics.... I now have in my possession Fantastic Four #1 volume 1 smile.gif ....the details are as follows....

1. it is in very fine condition

2. all pages are present with no rips or tears in any of them.

3. there is NO price tag or date on it ( though i found it is dated nov 61)

4. the last page of comic is on the inside of the last page of the book and its in black and white.

5. it is not restored or retouched.

I found a very bad ripped up and taped version of FFauctioned online at $500

what I ask of the members out there is if anyone could give me some info on what my next move should be ..should i send it in to CGC? Or should i save this copy till the FF movie comes out and go to the highest bidder? I have a buyer coming over to my apartment MANANA to buy!!!! should i blow him off or hide this copy from him..i know nothing of comic book values or worths... any help is greatly appreciated for i have only a few hours left...... frown.gif

It is a reprint. Just from your decription of no price and date plus the last page make it a Golden reprint. No offense , but how whould you know it is unrestored, untrimmed, let alone a VF grade. Best estimate of what it is worth - $40 to $50. Sorry for the let down.

ok here it goes... me being fairly new (as in today) to comic book collecting, I came across something of a minor gold mine while my father and I went through some of his old comics.... I now have in my possession Fantastic Four #1 volume 1 smile.gif ....the details are as follows....

1. it is in very fine condition

2. all pages are present with no rips or tears in any of them.

4. the last page of comic is on the inside of the last page of the book and its in black and white.

5. it is not restored or retouched.

I found a very bad ripped up and taped version of FFauctioned online at $500

what I ask of the members out there is if anyone could give me some info on what my next move should be ..should i send it in to CGC? Or should i save this copy till the FF movie comes out and go to the highest bidder? I have a buyer coming over to my apartment MANANA to buy!!!! should i blow him off or hide this copy from him..i know nothing of comic book values or worths... any help is greatly appreciated for i have only a few hours left...... frown.gif

Forget the last paragraph, but make sure the rest goes in your e-bay description. Make sure you especially emphasise 'going through old comics with father'. Try not to take too big a picture as buyers are sometimes put off by seeing too much detail on the comic. You might consider a private auction. These can disuade thrill bidders and help keep the proceedings pure. Congrats on discovering these boards and coming to a full awareness of CGC in only your first day of collecting. You're obviously a quick student as evidenced by your mastery of grading and restoration detection. "all pages are present with no rips or tears in any of them" is a good line, you might consider copyrighting it. Keep scanning the old e-bay listings to keep on track of what other old issues have sold for. Your only real minus point so far is that you haven't already managed to sell the issue - the buyer is only on his way, sheesh, try harder.

If the 10cent price isn't on the front cover then it's the golden record reprint.

Just like the others have pointed out...

Could you post a scan?

150KB or smaller is needed to use the attachment feature here.

hi.gif