• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much does grade matter in SS?

17 posts in this topic

Just wondering if grade really matters for blank sketch variants. Would it really matter pricewise if I had a 9.4 with an awesome full cover sketch vs a 9.8 with a crappy little face sketch? I mean are we buying the actual book or the cover art?

What do you think?

Just wondering if grade really matters for blank sketch variants. Would it really matter pricewise if I had a 9.4 with an awesome full cover sketch vs a 9.8 with a crappy little face sketch? I mean are we buying the actual book or the cover art?

What do you think?

Does doodle art actually make a difference (shrug)

think you should of put the image in with the opening post... makes sense now.

Ya, it's like the the Stan Lee Sig series books, grade is considerably insignificant - assuming it's not reflecting some considerable damage to the book, and the art work on the cover.

I'd say a 9.0 upwards would be treated essentailly the same.

I put it up there for a reason...I knew you would want to interject :)

I could have gotten you one at HeroesCon...all you had to do is ask my friend.

I mean its not like I didnt get you a couple sketches from him

I put it up there for a reason...I knew you would want to interject :)

:acclaim:

I could have gotten you one at HeroesCon...all you had to do is ask my friend. I mean its not like I didnt get you a couple sketches from him

I should've gotten one, for sure. :(

Maybe I still can? :foryou:

And yes, my sketched 9.8 SS Goons make all the fanboys swoon. :cloud9:

I think that is the third part of the equation. Some people prefer one artist over another. For me grade does not matter but I would prefer a simple sketch from one of my favorites than a very nice sketch from some one I never heard of.

I couldn't agree more! I think for the Signature Series Sketch covers, we really need to consider three factors: artist, sketch quality, and grade. And for me, they go in that order. I'd take a simple head sketch from an A level artist v. a lesser known artist. If I'm buying a sketch cover, I'm in it for the art, not the grade so there would need to be some significant issues to keep me from being interested.

Hey! Just my 2c

I think that is the third part of the equation. Some people prefer one artist over another. For me grade does not matter but I would prefer a simple sketch from one of my favorites than a very nice sketch from some one I never heard of.

I couldn't agree more! I think for the Signature Series Sketch covers, we really need to consider three factors: artist, sketch quality, and grade. And for me, they go in that order. I'd take a simple head sketch from an A level artist v. a lesser known artist. If I'm buying a sketch cover, I'm in it for the art, not the grade so there would need to be some significant issues to keep me from being interested.

Hey! Just my 2c

I agree, those are definately the factors, except for me it goes sketch quality, artist and then grade. I look at it like this say 2 A-listers were going at it, even if one was my favorite (Romita) and the other was McNiven or something, and the McNiven was a heck of alot nicer, I would choose the McNiven. The way i see it is that its one thing to go into a con and get a quick headsketch from your favorite artist but its another to get a really amazing sketch, its alot rarer and significant, even if that artist isn't your fav.