• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does CGC round down the final grade of the 3 grader's average?

25 posts in this topic

for golden Age, Borock used to be the finalizer/senior grader... it is currently Mark Haspel (thumbs u

That was why I inserted "...when he was getting ready to leave." I know he is gone, but they can still hold him accountable for not disclosing information legally, even if it is something minor about the process. (thumbs u

Since Borock (the finalizer) left, CGC has abandoned the "4 grader method", and uses the much more random "dartboard" method. However, they can't disclose this information since that method had already been patented by PGX.

PGX has a process? I didn't see this in any news release. Wow!

for golden Age, Borock used to be the finalizer/senior grader... it is currently Mark Haspel (thumbs u

That was why I inserted "...when he was getting ready to leave." I know he is gone, but they can still hold him accountable for not disclosing information legally, even if it is something minor about the process. (thumbs u

it was not a secret when Steve was at CGC that he was the senior grader/finalizer (shrug)

lol

Sorry, didn't mean to sound like I was questioning the obvious. I was talking about how their overall grading process works, and who makes the final decision or if they do an average.

I always assumed it was the final grader's decision, but the other two could factor in to help sway him/her either way.

Apologize for the confusion.

lol

Sorry, didn't mean to sound like I was questioning the obvious. I was talking about how their overall grading process works, and who makes the final decision or if they do an average.

I always assumed it was the final grader's decision, but the other two could factor in to help sway him/her either way.

Apologize for the confusion.

(thumbs u