• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interesting light exposure experiment

7 posts in this topic

Sunlight is second only to water (not counting a house fire tongue.gif) in destroying comics!

I never open the drapes in the room my comics are in! sumo.gif

No drinks either! sumo.gif

All I can think about is the coin/comic shop i went to as kid in the 70's, where the dealer would have all his best books hanging on the wall and in the window.

Some dealers still do it! Time Warp Comics in Valley Stream NY has an entire wall of bleached out silver age books. Of course, the prices are still in the NM range crazy.gif Not surprisingly, none of the books ever appear to sell. At this point, he can't expect to sell books that are 75% faded... perhaps he just considers them now as wall and window treatments. smirk.gif

It's very interesting, but I wonder how the results would change if a UV film was used, also. I use mylars with a transparent UV film over the face, or a Bill Cole "Showcase Sealer" acrylic display that has a UV protective front. So...how safe would those comics be?