• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What the hell has happened to ebay?

41 posts in this topic

Log in tonight and I'm looking at a "new" format, which sucks! I'm selling 13 books right now and part of the fun for ebay was to see my bid TOTALS, which I cannot any longer. Or perhaps I've missed something?

You've really got to wonder who in the hell runs that company. The new "My Ebay" page is HORRIBLE and damn near unreadable. And as a seller, you now HAVE to accept Paypal as a payment option. You can no longer accept check or money order as an option. :screwy:rantrant

So far I am in the clear. I saw the other version when I was at my friends last month, and I hated it! The lack of the running total is unforgivable. I thought the switchover happened then, but I came back hom e & it was ok. Maybe there is a setting somewhere?

So far I am in the clear. I saw the other version when I was at my friends last month, and I hated it! The lack of the running total is unforgivable. I thought the switchover happened then, but I came back hom e & it was ok. Maybe there is a setting somewhere?

Have you tried it tonight?

Show me where I can see my total bid amounts on items I'm selling. I want a TOTAL of the bids, not just the dollar amount!

Not sure what you're after... I can see how many items I have for sale, how many have bids (will sell, no reserve or above reserve), the total I would get if they sell.

And then similar info on the last 30 days. Perhaps you need to edit your My Ebay page to add the "Totals" section? (shrug)

For example, I can see this info on My Ebay that I just opened:

Selling totals

Active (current)

5 Listed

0 Will sell

$0.00 Amount

Sold (last 31 days)

8 Listed

8 Sold

$x40.22 Amount

Payments: (last 31 days)

$x40.22 Received

$0.00 Not received

$x40.22 Total sales:

I clicked on FAQ and this is the new look.

The new My eBay, currently called My eBay Preview, will become the only version of My eBay available in the new year.

From May through October, 2008, the My eBay team solicited feedback about the new My eBay, which was in beta at that time. Many of you gave us specific product-related requests and feedback about the new My eBay (thank you!). As a result, we iterated on the design and features. We are now ready to retire the old version. On Tuesday, January 20, 2009, the new My eBay will be the only version of My eBay available.

This thread tells you about some of the new features and includes FAQ postings to help answer some questions members have sent to eBay Staff.

Ceril

Show me where I can see my total bid amounts on items I'm selling. I want a TOTAL of the bids, not just the dollar amount!

Not sure what you're after... I can see how many items I have for sale, how many have bids (will sell, no reserve or above reserve), the total I would get if they sell.

And then similar info on the last 30 days. Perhaps you need to edit your My Ebay page to add the "Totals" section? (shrug)

For example, I can see this info on My Ebay that I just opened:

Selling totals

Active (current)

5 Listed

0 Will sell

$0.00 Amount

Sold (last 31 days)

8 Listed

8 Sold

$x40.22 Amount

Payments: (last 31 days)

$x40.22 Received

$0.00 Not received

$x40.22 Total sales:

Here's what I want:

This morning I was quickly able to see that I had a total of 47 bids on all of my combined auctions. It's easier for me to see the total number of bids to find out if I'm getting any "action" on the items I'm selling. Now all I have is a dollar total, not the "total bid count". Understand?

Aside from the sucky format, the page is now ungodly SLOOOOWWW. After looking at the source coding for the page, it's no wonder - what a mess! What's the deal? Do coders get paid by the number of characters used? :mad:

Same thing here - new page format. This is why I stopped selling on e-Bay. The company is just crazy for doing all these interface and rule changes. I think the thing that pizzes me off the most is e-Bay's double dipping with PayPal.