• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark Avengers Sketch Cover MEGATHREAD

1,808 posts in this topic

I like Cap as much as the next guy, but what chance does he have against Thanos? The only thing Cap is staring down in that sketch is a one-way ticket to a beating.

And what happened to the book? Were you aware that Jim didn't do detailed con sketches and just use one of your junk copies or did it get mangled during/after the fact?

Adam, being the super pro that I am of course it did not get mangled during or after the fact.

I knew the "level" of sketches that he was doing and decided to use junk for junk lol

and yeah Thanos would throw him a beatdown

I would have taken the book right after the sketch was completed and thrown it in the garbage can next to him.

That'd be pretty rude. (tsk)

No artist is required to sketch if a fan asks for one and I'm willing to wager that Sean didn't pay (commission) him for a sketch (although he may have tipped him). There's a big difference between a free sketch and a commissioned sketch. With a commissioned sketch, the client should walk away feeling they got their money's worth. With a free sketch, especially from such a known talent as Starlin, one should be thankful of any sketch obtained or just not pursue one in the first place. If you get a sketch you don't like, I'm sure you could put it up on the boards and have someone to pay shipping and take it off your hands.

I found out that Phil Jimenez doesn't charge for the sketches he does at shows because he hates the pressure of pleasing the client. He figures if he doesn't charge for the sketch, the fan can't be disappointed. It's a good Philosophy, but Phil J's sketches are easily good enough to be charged for.

I would have taken the book right after the sketch was completed and thrown it in the garbage can next to him.

That'd be pretty rude. (tsk)

No artist is required to sketch if a fan asks for one and I'm willing to wager that Sean didn't pay (commission) him for a sketch (although he may have tipped him). There's a big difference between a free sketch and a commissioned sketch. With a commissioned sketch, the client should walk away feeling they got their money's worth. With a free sketch, especially from such a known talent as Starlin, one should be thankful of any sketch obtained or just not pursue one in the first place. If you get a sketch you don't like, I'm sure you could put it up on the boards and have someone to pay shipping and take it off your hands.

I found out that Phil Jimenez doesn't charge for the sketches he does at shows because he hates the pressure of pleasing the client. He figures if he doesn't charge for the sketch, the fan can't be disappointed. It's a good Philosophy, but Phil J's sketches are easily good enough to be charged for.

FYI Rulemaster Flex......... I tried to pay him good $$ to get a quality sketch..........he turned me down.

I might try again in Philly or Baltimore though.

Here's one that I just got in by Robert Atkins. Big thanks to Billy the Kidd for getting this done for me since Mr. Atkins eluded me at SDCC last year. I'll likely get this colored at Heroes in about a week. I'll be sure to provide the before and after shot. (thumbs u

DarkAvengers1-AtkinsGoblin.jpg

Here's one that I just got in by Robert Atkins. Big thanks to Billy the Kidd for getting this done for me since Mr. Atkins eluded me at SDCC last year. I'll likely get this colored at Heroes in about a week. I'll be sure to provide the before and after shot. (thumbs u

DarkAvengers1-AtkinsGoblin.jpg

Damn that is sweet