• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC Forum dinner

110 posts in this topic

Rich_Henn is trying to organize a forum dinner for the upcoming NYCC but we need at least 30 people to make it work. So far I think we have about 12. Please click on the link and add your name if you'd like to go.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2842300&fpart=3

here are the details:

Okay guys...

Spoke with the owner just now.

Told him that it could be tough getting 50 people locked in.

He's willing to work with us.

NO LESS THEN 30 PEOPLE.

30 People, $50 a head he can still give us the same deal.

3 hr. open bar, no top shelf.

However, it DOES include all Absolute, all Stoli, all Quervo, gin, etc.

ONE sandwhich or entree (but no steak or fish entree), ie you can get a pasta entree and ONE appitizer per person.

So check the menu!

http://www.mrbiggsnewyork.com/

Anyone can get me some help with a head count, that would rock.

I really should give him some confirmation asap.

ALSO...this is important...if you're in, please be prepared to paypal $50 + the paypal fee because I really am not sure how this is going to finally go down.

I won't be able to attend, sadly, BUT I really want to get this set up for you guys.

Anyone out there who can help me pull this together with the owner, Scott Sternick, LMK. I'm working this all remote from Maryland.

BUT!

$50 per head to me sounds like a great, great deal.

3 hr. open bar...that's something we've never had unless you've been to my place!

Cant go. I will be at the show saturday though. Hope to run into you Casey.

Pat-

And to anyone in attendance, sign up for the dinner. You would be surprised how fun these functions are. I wish I could go, but I have to get back home ASAP that day.

Cant go. I will be at the show saturday though. Hope to run into you Casey.

Pat-

And to anyone in attendance, sign up for the dinner. You would be surprised how fun these functions are. I wish I could go, but I have to get back home ASAP that day.

(thumbs u

Minimum 30 @ $50 each. That's a lot of drinking and may drive away non-drinkers. Can't you just reserve seats?

I made a point of walking thru Hell's Kitchen on the way to that Air museum

Well if that comes together it sounds like it will be a "hell" of a lot of fun with or without an appearance by Daredevil

Good luck.

Minimum 30 @ $50 each. That's a lot of drinking and may drive away non-drinkers. Can't you just reserve seats?

I made a point of walking thru Hell's Kitchen on the way to that Air museum

Well if that comes together it sounds like it will be a "hell" of a lot of fun with or without an appearance by Daredevil

Good luck.

I am assuming that is a special deal for the # of people coming. Also, this way you know ahead of time how much it will cost and no one ends up getting stiffed.

I spoke with Rich and will be taking point on this. I will speak with the onwer this weekend and get more details. Here is a list of who is going so far....

:

1) Evilash

2) FFcomics

3) Preacher

4) kc120us

5) shiverbones

6) Pitboss

7) Bob-a-loo & 8) spouse

9) Blow up the moon & 10) partner

11) Roy & 12) Louise

13) Esquirecomics

14) Tupennyconan

15) Buck Biggins & 16) nephew

I will have more details later.

I spoke with Rich and will be taking point on this. I will speak with the onwer this weekend and get more details. Here is a list of who is going so far....

:

1 Evilash

2. FFcomics

3. Preacher

4. kc120us

5. shiverbones

6. Pitboss

7. Bob-a-loo & spouse

8. Blow up the moon & partner

9. Roy & Louise

10. Esquirecomics

11 Tupennyconan

12 Buck Biggins & nephew

Since the total is so important you might want to give each person their own number.

Just a thought.

R

:

1 Evilash

2. FFcomics

3. Preacher

4. kc120us

5. shiverbones

6. Pitboss

7. Bob-a-loo & spouse

8. Blow up the moon & partner

9. Roy & Louise

10. Esquirecomics

11 Tupennyconan

12 Buck Biggins & nephew

Since the total is so important you might want to give each person their own number.

Just a thought.

R

Done.

Ok. I spoke with the owner of the resturant and he seems pretty flexible. If we can get thirty or more people, we will get the fixed price of $50 a head which includes 3 hour open bar, one appetizer per person and one entree or sandwhich excluding what was noted before. If we can't at least 30 people, then we won't get the fixed price and you'll basically get regular menu prices and cash bar with either seperate checks or one group check and we'll pool our money.

The tenative time is Sat. Feb7th at 7:00pm

Whatever happens it is defintely on. It is a short walk from the Javits. Unfortunately it is not a private room but it is not a big place either. So, I encourage everyone who is attending the show to join the fun and sign up.

Upated list:

1) Evilash

2) FFcomics

3) Preacher

4) kc120us

5) shiverbones

6) Pitboss

7) Bob-a-loo & 8) spouse

9) Blow up the moon & 10) partner

11) Roy & 12) Louise

13) Esquirecomics

14) Tupennyconan

15) Burntboy

I would "like" to go, but I'm not into the flat rate fee. I swore that off last year. I'd rather just order my own stuff on the spot and pay accordingly.

It may end up coming to that if we don't meet the minimum. The reason I prefer the flat rate is everyone knows what they owe and there is no bickering over who pays for what. I hope you will consider coming, KOR.