• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

USPS.com tracking

10 posts in this topic

This morning I was able to track 6-8 shipments with no issues. Haven't tried this afternoon.

Not working for me at the moment. I'm also frustrated with the USPS over a rather expensive package that I shipped on the 13th, registered priority, and it still hasn't arrived. I purchased delivery confirmation, but since the book hasn't been delivered, all that shows up when I track it on the USPS site is the time and date I dropped it off. If priority is 2-3 days, and I dropped it off on Tuesday of last week, it should have arrived by Thursday or Friday. Here it is Wednesday of the next week, and no one can tell me anything about where the package is. doh!

Yes its Priority mail, with registered. They do not say 2-3 day delivery when you add registered. Although normal delivery is 5-7 days. The package goes lock and key each step of the way. This is actually the only real service the post office offers. Each postal service employee has to sign and scan the package hand it to the next employee, as it moves its way through the system. Per my postal clerks, the penalty of losing a package is termination of employment. So if one terminal is busy, they will keep the packages in a steel cage under lock and key for multiple days. The package ships the safest way, although not always the fastest way.