• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dark Knight- shut out of the biggies

105 posts in this topic

Oscars are a joke. Ever since that movie In the Bedroom won Best Picture and Melissa T. won best actress in the movie I gave up on that ing awards show.

Wrong on both counts, I'm afraid. In the Bedroom was nominated, but lost to A Beautiful Mind. Marisa Tomei was nominated, but lost to Jennifer Connelly.

Thanks for the correction and a Beautiful Mind was also a POS Movie.

Here's is the list of Best Movies won since I started watching the Awards.

1990 (63rd) Dances With Wolves (shrug)

1991 (64th)

The Silence of the Lambs :applause:

1992 (65th)

Unforgiven :juggle:

1993 (66th)

Schindler's List Just too sad.... :cry: but a Great Movie

1994 (67th)

Forrest Gump (thumbs u

1995 (68th)

Braveheart Not my thing, but I know alot of People love this move, so its a (thumbs u

1996 (69th)

The English Patient doh!

1997 (70th)

Titanic (1997) :frustrated:

1998 (71st)

Shakespeare in Love :gossip: sucked a s s

1999 (72nd)

American Beauty :headbang:

2000 (73rd)

Gladiator :banana:

2001 (74th)

A Beautiful Mind :whatev:

2002 (75th)

Chicago Ö :baiting: Get the F out of here.

2003 (76th)

LOTR: The Return of The King 2004 (77th) I know this will PO people, but movie sucked a s s :screwy:

Million Dollar Baby :juggle:

2005 (78th)

Crash Ö :makepoint:

2006 (79th)

The Departed :popcorn::headbang: <3

2007 (80th)

No Country for Old Men :tonofbricks: The most over rated POS I have seen in years.

2008 Should beeeeeeeeeee............Dark Night :takeit:

As a comic movie, it was good, but that's not saying much. But as I said before, I thought Begins, the Spidey movies and Iron Man were all better. It's just one man's opinion.

You're excluding Spidey3....I hope. :sick:

Yes?

2004 was upsetting for me. Mystic River lost to LOTR, Naomi Watts lost to Charlize Theron, and 21 Grams wasn't even nominated for best picture. :cry: At least Sean Penn won for Mystic.

2007 was a triumph. Scorsese was long overdue, and the fact that he hadn't won up to that point, considering his body of work, was a travesty and reeked of politics.

2004 was upsetting for me. Mystic River lost to LOTR, Naomi Watts lost to Charlize Theron, and 21 Grams wasn't even nominated for best picture. :cry: At least Sean Penn won for Mystic.

2007 was a triumph. Scorsese was long overdue, and the fact that he hadn't won up to that point, considering his body of work, was a travesty and reeked of politics.

Agreed..... (thumbs u

That's because the movie sucks. Heath is the best thing in it but beyond that it is nearly unwatchable. I've been saying this since it came out.

FLAME ON. I don't care

well, you're from texas. you know suck.

lol

I liked Dark Knight a lot, but it's not a genre that usually attracts best movie nominations, and in any event I'm not sure I would've said it was one of the 5 best films of the year.

Heath Ledger to win best supporting actor is a mortal lock.

DKR was a pretty good movie but I disagree with giving Ledger a consolation nod...the guy was good in the movie and worthy of an Oscar nod.

Hardly, and I actually enjoyed the Harvey Dent/Two-Face sequences better and if Eckhart had OD'ed instead, he'd probably be picking up all the posthumous awards.

Well then I'm happy to dis-agree with you as I had a hard time accepting the fact that Two-Face was anything more than a hollywood ploy to get more people to watch the movie, just like venom was in S 3. For me Ledger stole the show.

R.

Totally agree. Ledger would have been a shoo-in for a nomination whether he died or not, and deserved to win whether he died or not. His death will simply push a lot of voters who would be biased against a comic book movie to make the vote that they should have made all along.

That's because the movie sucks. Heath is the best thing in it but beyond that it is nearly unwatchable. I've been saying this since it came out.

FLAME ON. I don't care

I totally agree with you, I know I got flamed hard last time I said this, but oh well. Truth hurts it was a terrible movie.

Hey I don't care if we dis-agree.

I'm more interested in why you didn't like it.

Obviously one guy didn't like the movie because he considers superhero movies cheesy...but that has nothing to do with -script or acting. It's just a preference so maybe that is a negligible opinion on a comic book forum that is superhero-centric.

:popcorn:

I do not like Heath Ledger as the Joker, seemed very flat.

I do not like the actor for Batman

I did not like this movie or the last movie, so it is fair to say I do not like this "Batman" reboot

I did not like the way they dealt with 2 face

I did not like the ending.

Maybe, Maybe if I did not read the comics I would have a different opinion but I just do not like it.

Has there ever been a comic movie, or any movie for that matter, that you did like? I'm curious as to what you perceive to be a good film if you thought Dark Knight was a bad film. Don't reach for the AFI Top 100 list either, tell me honestly, please, what you think

When did TDK become the standard for good movies? And are you suggesting that TDK should be on the AFI list, or just short of it?

I could create a 100 page thread naming films that were better than The Dark Knight on every level, so let's not go there. It's one thing to compare TDK to other comic movies, or even other blockbusters, but if we're going to bring other kinds of film into this, TDK won't have a leg to stand on.

As a comic movie, it was good, but that's not saying much. But as I said before, I thought Begins, the Spidey movies and Iron Man were all better. It's just one man's opinion.

Yes there are better movies but that still is not a reasonable explanation to the statement "TDK sucks"

No Country for Old Men :tonofbricks: The most over rated POS I have seen in years.

i agreed with you that A beautiful mind was a POS movie, but i thought No Country for Old Men was pretty good

I loved the bad guy, I just thought at the end of the movie the build up wasn't worth the wait.

He is chasing the main character thoughout the whole movie and then you don't even see how he kills him. He just comes out of the hotel.

i agreed with you that A beautiful mind was a POS movie, but i thought No Country for Old Men was pretty good

I loved the bad guy, I just thought at the end of the movie the build up wasn't worth the wait.

He is chasing the main character thoughout the whole movie and then you don't even see how he kills him. He just comes out of the hotel.

then you shouldn't read the book because it's exactly how it unfolds on the page as well

FLAME ON. I don't care

well, you're from texas. you know suck.

lol

I liked Dark Knight a lot, but it's not a genre that usually attracts best movie nominations, and in any event I'm not sure I would've said it was one of the 5 best films of the year.

Heath Ledger to win best supporting actor is a mortal lock.

but The Reader? can't even muster up enough points on metacritic for a lukewarm thumbs up. a 58, closer to the rating of the spirit then the other films that were nominated

Forrest Gump (thumbs u

Now we're talking POS. This is definitely one of the worst Best Pictures in history.

I allowed myself to totally fall into that movie and shut off my usual "that would never happen" thoughts.

LOTR: The Return of The King 2004 (77th) I know this will PO people, but movie sucked a s s :screwy:

Don't worry, as I think everyone realizes it was an award for the entire trilogy, especially the first part (Fellowship), which was quite good and a far better movie than #2 and #3.

Don't worry, as I think everyone realizes it was an award for the entire trilogy, especially the first part (Fellowship), which was quite good and a far better movie than #2 and #3.

I think Hollywood would have liked to ignore it at first, but the following 2 years were a constant reminder that Fellowship should have gotten the nod.