• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I received some life changing news today....

58 posts in this topic

I have been approved by my insurance company for the gastric bypass surgery.For anybody that has met me in person you would know that my screen name of "BigMike" was a very deserving moniker . I go for the consult with the surgeon tomorrow to get things set up . Wish me luck :wishluck:

What is gastric bypass surgery?
Your upper intestine is disconnected from your stomach and a new smaller stomach is created and attached to your lower intestine.

Your upper intestine is disconnected from your stomach and a new smaller stomach is created and attached to your lower intestine.

Not quite. There are many kinds, but they all end up with a smaller stomach - still connected to the small intestine (not lower intestine, that would really hurt).

Not quite. There are many kinds, but they all end up with a smaller stomach - still connected to the small intestine (not lower intestine, that would really hurt).

:sorry: I should only play Doctor in private

There is an insanely high divorce rate after the surgery. The last time I looked it was in the 90% + range. It proved to be very correct. My first wife had this procedure done. She went down to around 165 pounds from 310 or so. Then BOOM..... Divorce...

Good Luck with the surgery. I hope you get what you want out of it. Having your stomach stapled down to an ounce pouch is indeed a big event. Then there is the possible plastic surgery to remove the excess skin after the weight loss. Good Luck. Best of Health to you.

Self-exams? :sick:

First you sit in a waiting room with an old copy of Field and Stream for a couple of hours.....

:o

First you sit in a waiting room with an old copy Field and Stream for a couple of hours.....

Yeesh. Do you suppose he "rejects his own insurance"?*

*Uncontrolled innuendo. I have no idea what that means.