• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Finally a 9.8! Care to guess the price?

126 posts in this topic

I HATE they call the Rocky Mountain books a pedigree..

Isn't that the first one with only 1960's-up books in it to get a Pedigree? Why that, and not the Cleveland or many other SA OO-collections that came up pre and post-CGC?

It's also a pedigree that no real public information or documentation exists on. And hit the market slabbed hm

normally i don't mind date stamps, but that one is rather annoying

I agree. I usually find date stamps provide interesting period provenance. But this stamp is like a heavy or smudged cancel on a nice postage stamp.

The 9.6 just sold for over 7K. I think 3K would be ridiculously low. I am thinking 9K is possible. If it breaks 10 thats fantastic. I am not adding in the pedigree factor though.

And also. Avengers 57 is probably one of my favorite comic covers of all time.

I am sure the book will sell in the $3's+. Honestly, my Winnipeg 9.4 with white pages and no date stamp looks better.

You're joking, right? It is easily a $15K book, and may even top $20K. Book already goes for $6K in 9.6.

Also, the copy's the nicest I've seen. White pages and perfect cover registration, with flawless spine and edges.

The cover is considered a classic for the early Avengers issues anyway. I had bought one as a VF/NM, and then up receiving it discovered someone had traced around the Vision like they were drawing through the book onto a piece of paper underneath.

I know, BLASPHEMY!

I am sure the book will sell in the $3's+. Honestly, my Winnipeg 9.4 with white pages and no date stamp looks better.

You're joking, right? It is easily a $15K book, and may even top $20K. Book already goes for $6K in 9.6.

Also, the copy's the nicest I've seen. White pages and perfect cover registration, with flawless spine and edges.

I'm expecting $20K or better. I think the date stamp kills it but there are plenty of other Avengers collectors out there ready to fight for a single highest graded key.

I'm expecting $20K or better. I think the date stamp kills it but there are plenty of other Avengers collectors out there ready to fight for a single highest graded key.

I cant imagine it hitting 20K. But I know hat you ahve a much better idea of the market for this title, so I bow to your wisdom. And I thought there was already a 9.8? I thought GPA had one from awhile back?

But also, the copy is absolutely gorgeous, and I have yet to see one this nice (in hand). So I look forward to seeing what this pulls in.

And the Rocky Mountain designation is BS IMO. I just dont take the pedigree seriously.

Avengers 57 might be my favorite book right now. I love the Vision. I've really warmed-up to date stamps over the past couple of years. I collect HG BA Key Marvel slabs. But the premium this book will garner is way too high to have to look at the advertisement for comiclink on the face of the case each time I were to go to admire my comic.

It might be your favorite book right now lol Subject to change as the wind blows. :grin::kidaround:

Well I'm glad i wasnt' the guy who stupidly paid $7k for the 9.6. And yes I thought that was a bit ridiculous. And I think in 2 yrs, there will be at least 3-4 9.8's of this book. Just my opinion tho.

Avengers 57 might be my favorite book right now. I love the Vision. I've really warmed-up to date stamps over the past couple of years. I collect HG BA Key Marvel slabs. But the premium this book will garner is way too high to have to look at the advertisement for comiclink on the face of the case each time I were to go to admire my comic.

It might be your favorite book right now lol Subject to change as the wind blows. :grin::kidaround:

I reserve the right to choose another favorite on a whim at any given moment. My options are wide open KOR. Imma lika bird.