• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,377 posts in this topic

Stranger things have happened, but my guess is you'd be hard pressed to get $350 for those books in those grades. I don't know why, but not too long ago I put up a post noting the increase in submissions of these early issues in high-grade. The increase was pretty drastic and the early issues have become more plentiful in 9.8. This drives the prices down.

Your best bet would probably be to hold them until the new show or movie comes out and try to sell then. In the mean time, there's a registry set that focuses on the first 4 issues. You could start a registry set. :) I'd also recommend picking up a Raphael 1 shot and possibly a Fugitoid so you'd have all the TMNT issues that are magazine sized. It's a cool set. :cool:

congrats!

after you get your comics - join this club:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2882339#Post2882339

I took the plunge and bought it in this auction here below on ebay. I didn't want to give up my source before hand because I knew someone would grab it before I did today. I paid $949.99 for the four comics listed below. Let me know if it still a deal or the biggest mistake of the century.

#1 CGC 6.0 1st Print

#2 CGC 9.6 1st Print

#3 CGC 9.4 1st Print

#4 CGC 9.6 1st Print

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=170565563729&si=989aF8z4ClRt%252F8j0DKaHaSTg68c%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

There is a TMNT #1 1st Print CGC 9.0 for sale on Ebay, 6 days left. If this things sells below what I just paid i'm going to be very pissed. It will most likely pass $2000.

the last 9.0 sold on Ebay to someone on this forum for $1600 I think...just a month ago or 2

I might have to shell up some more cash if the final bid is around $1600. There are to little TMNT #1 First Prints to go around. There has to be someone out there sitting on 5 to 10 copies or maybe more. If the price is right I might be one of them. lol. There's only 286 registered unrestored copies graded according to CGC. Once Overstreet finally put a price on them its going to be a wrap. Its going to be like holding onto food and water in a world wide drought.

Once Overstreet finally put a price on them its going to be a wrap. Its going to be like holding onto food and water in a world wide drought.

I like TMNT #1 as much as the next guy (probably more), but I HIGHLY doubt that Overstreet listing a guide price for the issue will affect sales one way or the other.

The book is listed in open auction formats all the time to help give it a market value at any given point. I'd say a movie/new TV series would cause more issues to fly off the shelves than anything. My 2c

Once Overstreet finally put a price on them its going to be a wrap. Its going to be like holding onto food and water in a world wide drought.

I like TMNT #1 as much as the next guy (probably more), but I HIGHLY doubt that Overstreet listing a guide price for the issue will affect sales one way or the other.

The book is listed in open auction formats all the time to help give it a market value at any given point. I'd say a movie/new TV series would cause more issues to fly off the shelves than anything. My 2c

+1

Overstreet guide prices and any other guide prices have no affect on comic values.

Actual sales is the only real way to get an idea of the value.

And even then it all depends on how much the buyer is willing to pay and how much that seller is willing to take.

Here's another cool acquisition. I picked up the prints at Mid-Ohio last year from artist Ren McKinzie. I passed on the originals and regretted it right away. I saw him again at this year's show and saw he still had the originals. I went to the ATM to get money to buy them and when I came back, they were gone. :(

I got engaged this last weekend and as an engagement present (originally supposed to be a Christmas present), my fiancée surprised me with the originals. :o I'm a lucky guy.

th_McKinzieRen-Donatello.jpgth_McKinzieRen-DonatelloPrint.jpg

th_McKinzieRen-Leonardo.jpgth_McKinzieRen-LeonardoPrint.jpg

th_McKinzieRen-Raphael.jpgth_McKinzieRen-RaphaelPrint.jpg

th_McKinzieRen-Michelangelo.jpgth_McKinzieRen-MichelangeloPrint.jpg

Here's another cool acquisition. I picked up the prints at Mid-Ohio last year from artist Ren McKinzie. I passed on the originals and regretted it right away. I saw him again at this year's show and saw he still had the originals. I went to the ATM to get money to buy them and when I came back, they were gone. :(

I got engaged this last weekend and as an engagement present (originally supposed to be a Christmas present), my fiancée surprised me with the originals. :o I'm a lucky guy.

th_McKinzieRen-Donatello.jpgth_McKinzieRen-DonatelloPrint.jpg

th_McKinzieRen-Leonardo.jpgth_McKinzieRen-LeonardoPrint.jpg

th_McKinzieRen-Raphael.jpgth_McKinzieRen-RaphaelPrint.jpg

th_McKinzieRen-Michelangelo.jpgth_McKinzieRen-MichelangeloPrint.jpg

Very, very cool (thumbs u

And congrats again on the engagement :applause:

Man, I bet you were crushed at the time.

How was she able to hide them from you at the show?

That is so awesome of Sally to do for you. What a great surprise. Congrats again on the engagement!

Thanks all!

To DJB: BillytheKidd is an artist here on the boards (hangs out mostly in the signature room). He mentioned that he liked branching away from the typical Marvel/DC characters from time to time so I commissioned him to do a TMNT piece for me. I told him that I wanted a team shot and I think he did a great job, especially given the limited space. He put Donatello up front because he knows he's my favorite. The Shredder on the back was a complete surprise. He told me he added something to the back but didn't tell me what. I had to wait until it was in-hand. He did a nice job of mixing elements of different Shredders to make his. I like it, imposing and sinister. :devil:

To Bryan: BillytheKidd was set up in artist alley at Mid-Ohio. He and his girlfriend shared the table and we all tended to think of the table as our home base. My fiancee and his girlfriend went over to the table to buy the pieces and took Bill's portfolio along to hide them. When we got back to the car, she told me that she got me a print at the show but it was going to be for Christmas and that I shouldn't look. The "print" was the 4 originals. :grin:

After a long wait, I am excited to finally ship out some major books for CGC grading as of today.

Vol.1

#1- 1st print : Expecting 9.0

#1- 2nd print : Expecting 9.2

#1- 3rd print : Expecting 9.4

#3- NYCC print : Expecting 9.4

Hopes are they reach a .2 higher on all. I felt if I my expectations are a little lower I won't be so disappointed when they return.

Peter: That is really cool. The art is amazing, and that shredder is one of my favorite drawings.

Edited by DJB