• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,377 posts in this topic

While everyone here knew you were deserving, it's nice to see you get some widely recognized cudos. Congrats!

Couldn't agree more!!! Big congrats bub!!! Your set = (worship)

I know I don't usually share my art acquisitions in here, but I'm pretty stoked about this bad boy so I thought I'd share:

WATERcopy.jpg

This piece is special to me for a number of reasons. To start, it's from 1984, which you probably know it's close to impossible to find any art from; early Turtles art is rare, '84 art is ridiculously rare. Then there's the fact that this piece is PAINTED! If you think black and white early Turtles art is tricky, painted pieces are a real doozy. I've never seen a painted piece this early before out in a public collection. And then there's Wolverine. I think E & L did a fantastic job with him and could have had a real career as Marvel artists. Overall, I am very, very happy with the piece! :banana::whee:

The registry awards were announced today and I'm proud to say that my TMNT set was awarded the "Best Presented" award along with GI Joe and Locke & Key. :acclaim: Very happy!

Congrats, I was wondering what/where all the second images in your collection listings are from? Some are OA and others are comic covers?

Got some images from the amazing Anthony Castrillo. I commissioned him to make me a cover recreation of the great #1, on one of those useful Marvel blank covers. I am thrilled...I am blown away! :banana:

Here are the images. Neat! :cloud9:

TMNT_cover.jpg

TMNT_spread.jpg

any news on the the new comics or hardcover releases of original stuff ? They seem to be going awful slowly on this stuff .... Oh for the new books/series is a topic going to be started in the modern section or will we just continue talking about it here ?.. (shrug)

Edited by synch

I'll likely be posting here. I think any posts will be cross-referenced at the very least.

I'd prefer we talk about in here as I don't really venture into the Modern section all too often.

I agree. This is the Official thread. It just so happens to be located in the Copper section. (thumbs u

Yup

That's a great piece Advancedpillow. I really enjoy Anthony's take on the Turtles.

And Adam, that's another 9.8 beaut in the collection you got there. You'll be at #1 in the registry in no time!

That was an awesome painting of Leonardo and Wolverine!! Very cool! :applause:

I posted in here awhile back asking about the prices of TMNT #1. I'm happy to say I did pick up a copy at this years SDCC. It's a CGC 7.5 with white pages.

TMNT1.jpg