• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
24 24

8,382 posts in this topic

I think I saw Case of the Killer Pizzas about 90 times as a kid.
You and me both!!

Does anyone have any experience with ordering directly from Mirage? I bought a couple books from them last week and I'm curious as to what kind of condition books are in and how fast or slow the shipping is.

I bought from them several times (though years ago at this point), and not once was shipping what I'd call stellar. A plain manilla envelope with the comic inside, for larger stacks maybe some cardboard. I wasn't picky at all about condition so it didn't really matter to me but I can remember once being surprised the books arrived at all considering the damage the thin envelope took getting to me.

I bought from them several times (though years ago at this point), and not once was shipping what I'd call stellar. A plain manilla envelope with the comic inside, for larger stacks maybe some cardboard. I wasn't picky at all about condition so it didn't really matter to me but I can remember once being surprised the books arrived at all considering the damage the thin envelope took getting to me.

I've also had mixed results ordering from Mirage but the key negative I have with them is that they don't bag or board any of their stuff. They just drop the raw comic in an envelope. A manilla envelope might be OK (not great) but with the comic sliding around inside during the entire journey the cover is all scratched up and corners get bent.

Just a couple ops from FCBD:

920940_10151695903122698_1678216316_o.jpg

A little surprised by the 8.5 until I noticed the misplaced staples were tearing the cover. Oh well. Nicest 8.5 ever.

Kevin Eastman, Peter Laird, Steve Lavigne

Eric Talbot

Edited by Archon_Turtle

Here's one I showed off a while back when I got it at last year's Dragon Con:

Michaelangelo12ndPrintSS96BC.jpg

but here's the front with some new additions:

Michaelangelo1-2ndPrintSS.jpg

It's the for those who don't know, this issue was the first appearance of Mikey's cat Klunk, hence the sketch on the back. If only Lawson had made it to Free Comic Book Day this year, this book would be 100%. :cry: Maybe next year. :wishluck:

From FCBD. I commissioned it a few months before and had Steve hold onto it so it could be picked up...perfect timing!

001_zpsc127bfe0.jpg

Also...I noticed CGC labeled this as a second printing....I have others that does not say that on the label. Did Detroit make a second printing? It doesn't matter to me...a blank is a blank...just wondering

Another one I'm very psyched about simply because I've found that 2nd prints can be very tough to track down. It seems that not many people kept 2nd prints in great shape.

Here's the first graded 9.8 copy of Raphael (2nd print)

Raphael1-2ndPrintSS-1.jpg

Another one I'm very psyched about simply because I've found that 2nd prints can be very tough to track down. It seems that not many people kept 2nd prints in great shape.

:ohnoez:

:ohnoez:

+1

TMNT question. I submitted my first TMNT books (2 and 4) and got an e-mail today saying that they had been split out from the rest of my invoice and re-listed as a magazine submission, bumping the total of my submission up an extra $40 bucks because of the additional shipping I assume (since I now had two invoices instead of 1) Has this happened to people before? Just thought it was kind of weird since they are basically the same size as GA books so I don't get why they need to be treated as magazines. Any info is appreciated!