• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

Hello, Pence Variant Basement! My first post on here (apart from the Comic Room thread) and I walk into a discussion of my fave band ... The Stranglers! How great is that? :)

Hello, Pence Variant Basement! My first post on here (apart from the Comic Room thread) and I walk into a discussion of my fave band ... The Stranglers! How great is that? :)

Comicopolis and I share a love of all things Punk and New Wave, so you'll be right at home here.

Got myself a crying, talking, sleeping, walking, living doll

Got to do my best to please her, just 'cause she's a livingdoll

Got a roving eye and that is why she satisfies my soul

Got the one and only walking talking, living doll

Comicopolis and I share a love of all things Punk and New Wave, so you'll be right at home here.

Good to know that! .. and the best thing of all: we all share a love for Comic books :)

haha, better delete him from my Ipod before the meal, anyway how hard is it for a Englishman to get rid of drek in the selling forum doh! cant believe i finally started selling on Ebay and they have restrictions for new sellers, it has cheesed me right off.

Do they?, didn't know that. Ebay's policies towards sellers get more bizarre every day. Time for a competitor to strike methinks.

Haven't sold on here, but shipping to the states is gonna be a killer, especially on cheap stuff no?

Keep meaning to give the monthly London show a go, but need to get a bit more stuff together first.

Always do ok at boot sales, but wrong time of year at the moment.

Where are you storing all this stuff you've been buying up lately?.

haha, better delete him from my Ipod before the meal.

You'd best make sure you change your ring tone from Saviour's Day. You get a call mid meal and that goes off, you'll never live it down.

Done, now it's mistletoe and wine

Do they?, didn't know that. Ebay's policies towards sellers get more bizarre every day. Time for a competitor to strike methinks.

Haven't sold on here, but shipping to the states is gonna be a killer, especially on cheap stuff no?

Keep meaning to give the monthly London show a go, but need to get a bit more stuff together first.

I haven't sold through the board before but when I trawl through the for sale lstings you see alot of listings where the poster will only ship domestically (mainly US) so I suppose you could limit your sales to UK boardies only if you wanted?

Did the Cardiff Comic Mart a few times many years ago but I haven't got the time or energy for that sort of thing now...even though I do need to clear some space :(

Have you thought of using:

eBid

Cliff's Devil Woman "Hair Metal" Cover

eBay is still the best avenue for me to sell my collection and also to sell on the moderns that I read.

Selling on the boards is difficult when your not an established name, I've sold CGC on here no problem but raw books that are only worth $1-10 doesn't really work out well because of the shipping cost involved.

But if you want to give selling on the boards a shot I would suggest the following:

1. Nice clear scans of the book.

2. Price at half of guide.

3. Accurate grading, or at least drop half a grade.

4. For expensive books use the PGM forum for an average grade.

eBay is still the best avenue for me to sell my collection and also to sell on the moderns that I read.

Selling on the boards is difficult when your not an established name, I've sold CGC on here no problem but raw books that are only worth $1-10 doesn't really work out well because of the shipping cost involved.

But if you want to give selling on the boards a shot I would suggest the following:

1. Nice clear scans of the book.

2. Price at half of guide.

3. Accurate grading, or at least drop half a grade.

4. For expensive books use the PGM forum for an average grade.

Chris, that's very sensible and constructive advice...are you feeling alright :baiting:

Edited by PulpCultureComics

The thing is it's mostly gonna be dollar stuff in end and then postage is just the problem

You're right, it's difficult to sell low value items internationally on the boards. Mainly it's the postage costs that are the problem but also most low value items are more available in the US than the UK anyway.

I've sold plenty of CGC books and higher value raw books internationally on the boards successfully (and FT has sold a massive amount internationally) so the boards are a great way to sell the right stuff. Comics that were produced in the UK and have interest to US buyers will sell here too.

Selling at the shows can be a good way to shift stuff but don't expect a huge sell through unless you're priced very cheaply. You can sell a lesser amount for a reasonable oprice or sell a larger amount at a lesser price. I'm hoping to go back to selling at shows again soon.

What has put me off selling at shows is the cost to setup and also to get the stuff to the show, unpack, pack back up again etc,etc.

I am trying to shift as much as I can as soon as I can through eBay while its still reasonable to do so.