• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

Yep. Italy were stronger...England looked spent.

It was surprising how tired some of them looked compared to the Italian team.

Both Young and Milner had terrible tournaments.

AOC should have been on for Young at half-time.

cant believe a excuse is we were tired, its not like any other countrys players have been playing football for the last 10 months either,how come overpaid players are allowed excuses while me on a low wage job would just get fired.

I was a bit miffed when they took off Welbeck and kept Young on, he's had a poor tournament.

Young was dreadful, as was Milner. Carroll looked lost and leaden playing deep. And where was the Ox?

Defensively, we looked OK-ish first half but tried towards the end

Offensively - shocking - utterly lacking in craft, skill and execution :facepalm:

Well, we have 2015 to look forward too - Let's hope Roy tries and develops a new team and attitude for that tournament.

Personally I am proud of the team... They did look tired and they simply went as far as they could. If people said before the Tournament we would make the Quarters and be beaten by Italy on Pens I would have taken it. Hodgson had 2 games to prepare them I am almost certain many of those players wouldn't have worked harder in there careers than in training with Roy.

Personally I think them being tired was mostly down to Hodgsons training regime. He is a task master but I reckon after two years of this at england the players will be better equiped to handle the tirednes come the World cup.

cant believe a excuse is we were tired, its not like any other countrys players have been playing football for the last 10 months either,how come overpaid players are allowed excuses while me on a low wage job would just get fired.

I know what you are saying and I agree, but I have to admit tfor whatever reason they wereobviously very tired and lacked in serious energy.

I was a bit miffed when they took off Welbeck and kept Young on, he's had a poor tournament.

I can understand almost everything Roy did tactically in this tournament except continuing with Young. He was our worst player but never got substitued, whereas Milner who was at least doing a job kept being taken off.

Sounds like teenage angst :baiting:

That was a bad decision, the OX should have come on.

Young was dreadful, as was Milner. Carroll looked lost and leaden playing deep. And where was the Ox?

Indeed - not Roy's finest moment.

Defensively, we looked OK-ish first half but tried towards the end

Offensively - shocking - utterly lacking in craft, skill and execution :facepalm:

Well, we have 2015 to look forward too - Let's hope Roy tries and develops a new team and attitude for that tournament.

I think you mean 2014. Or 2016.