• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

right 1st time for me, but i got home and postman has been, left one of his notes for a collection and also i have to pay customs charges of £29 im guessing due to the seller in the USA not putting right information, am iable to get round this charge when collecting book if i open packet and prove what it is or do i have to make a claim after?

Anyway, enough of the footy, the tennis has started!

Great, two weeks of Andy Murray the miserable monosyllabic git. :eyeroll:

He'll be out in the quarters, just like England. Not the best analogy as Murray is Scottish, but it seemed apt.

Djokovic to win.

right 1st time for me, but i got home and postman has been, left one of his notes for a collection and also i have to pay customs charges of £29 im guessing due to the seller in the USA not putting right information, am iable to get round this charge when collecting book if i open packet and prove what it is or do i have to make a claim after?

You have to pay the charge, and then send in the red form on the package, along with a photocopy of the auction page and a covering letter explaining that comics are zero vatable and duty exempt. Quote commodity code 4902900000. Wait six weeks. You should get your money back, minus the £8 charge that Parcelforce (or whichever carrier, but it's nearly always them) levies.

If the seller doesn't make it clear that the package contains old comics, the clerk at customs will assume the item is for commercial use, or a toy.

After experiencing this all too often (erroneous customs charges) and what with C & E making it more or less impossible to contact them, I suggest you write this statement to the seller every time you buy something from America, even if you've bought from him before.

"Please write "old books" or "used books" on the customs description and nothing else, thanks".

Works for me.

You'd be miserable if you were ...

He'll be out in the quarters, just like England. Not the best analogy as Murray is Scottish, but it seemed apt.

Djokovic to win.

Roger.

You have to pay the charge, and then send in the red form on the package, along with a photocopy of the auction page and a covering letter explaining that comics are zero vatable and duty exempt. Quote commodity code 4902900000. Wait six weeks. You should get your money back, minus the £8 charge that Parcelforce (or whichever carrier, but it's nearly always them) levies.

If the seller doesn't make it clear that the package contains old comics, the clerk at customs will assume the item is for commercial use, or a toy.

After experiencing this all too often (erroneous customs charges) and what with C & E making it more or less impossible to contact them, I suggest you write this statement to the seller every time you buy something from America, even if you've bought from him before.

"Please write "old books" or "used books" on the customs description and nothing else, thanks".

Works for me.

(worship)

At least one Brit is through, I thought Heather Watson played a great game against a more experienced opponent.

She was excellent.

Oliver Golding was very unlucky to lose - he looks a real prospect.

OK, we're drawing close to the end of the month so I just wanted to ask if anyone wants to be added to the PM list or taken off of it.

Spidey Sense

Whizzer

Gaz2810i

Arsenalherd

Kevin.J

Gaz973

Flaming_Telepath

1koko

Waylander

Stryfe1000

Buddymagoo

Ken Aldred

Balham's Finest

nmtg9

Bane

Batmiesta

PsychoJ

PulpCultureComics

Goldust40

Deanokeeno

Comicopolis

Collector Bill

Max Carnage

DCMan

chromium

T3quila

djc81

Osborn_fr

songsaboutclouds

Boozad

Marmat

hesdeadjim

He11blazer

Kenners

Peter in Portugal

Herc2000

Kenners

cryptkeeper

Romain

Anfield Fox

EwanUK

P.S. I should be at the top of the list (tsk)

Fixed. :kidaround:

Goodison Stoat

Spidey Sense

Whizzer

Gaz2810i

Arsenalherd

Kevin.J

Gaz973

Flaming_Telepath

1koko

Waylander

Stryfe1000

Buddymagoo

Ken Aldred

Balham's Finest

nmtg9

Bane

Batmiesta

PsychoJ

PulpCultureComics

Goldust40

Deanokeeno

Comicopolis

Collector Bill

Max Carnage

DCMan

chromium

T3quila

djc81

Osborn_fr

songsaboutclouds

Boozad

Marmat

hesdeadjim

He11blazer

Kenners

Peter in Portugal

Herc2000

Kenners

cryptkeeper

Romain

EwanUK

Maybe symbiotic would like in? He registred recently and i've seen him around a few threads. One where he was wondering about a 9.0 AF 15 in London for $9k :o

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll send him a PM. (thumbs u

Been re-reading my Hellblazers lately and stumbled upon this little gem from issue 228 at lunchtime.

Story takes place during the England v Portugal game in 2006. Thought it was quite apt at the moment.

HB_228.jpg

Been re-reading my Hellblazers lately and stumbled upon this little gem from issue 228 at lunchtime.

Story takes place during the England v Portugal game in 2006. Thought it was quite apt at the moment.

HB_228.jpg

:applause:

It's so true...

Congrats on that Batman 121 Chris. Looks like a great copy. I'm sure you'll be really happy with it. Bought loads of books off Brian and he's A+.

What other keys you need now?

Cheers bud.

Just sorting out the fine print and then it will be all mine :grin:

Yeah I've done a few deals with Brian and it was great to meet up with him when he was in London a couple of months ago.

Well now that the #121 has been checked off, the next "key" is #227, that is my nemesis. I have passed on many a copy the past year, just trying to find my "perfect" copy.

#171 - 1st SA Riddler is another one. Owned one before but lower grade copy.