• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

If anyone would like to have a cover recreated in black & white, i.e. the style in the link, let me know, happy to do it and will send to said party.

Just looking to get more experience and hopefully that can be gained by having strange and wonderous cover request by the UK guys. Different covers then what I tend to go for myself.

Once done I'll even ship it for free :)

Send me a PM with what you want, 1st come 1st serve.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5800906#Post5800906

Any cover?

Yeah, any cover. I feel its a way I can be challenged and get better at doing them.

How about this one, I always wanted this book but will never have it.

CA1.jpg

Ok, 4th on the list.

I will leave Matt's till last! :ohnoez:

:whee::banana:(worship)

Here's a question for you?

If I send you one of my Marvel Blanks, could you do a cover repro on it, then sign it at LSCC 2013 (Witnessed). I could then sub it yellow label, flip it and make my millions

:)

If I send you one of my Marvel Blanks, could you do a cover repro on it, then sign it at LSCC 2013 (Witnessed). I could then sub it yellow label, flip it and make my millions

lol

I think Boozad might have already done this, he's a pretty good artist and I'm sure he had a Batman blank he drew a Joker sketch on, signed it and subbed for a yellow label.

lol

I think Boozad might have already done this, he's a pretty good artist and I'm sure he had a Batman blank he drew a Joker sketch on, signed it and subbed for a yellow label.

Yeah, I remember this, Gav has a lot of talent.

I miss Gavs craic, where is he? :cry:

lol

Yeah, I remember this, Gav has a lot of talent.

I miss Gavs craic, where is he? :cry:

He's beyond busy. Pops in now and then.

Unfortunately for me, I can only copy freehand. I am "rubbish" with a capital R when it comes to creativity.

Do you want me to do X-Force #1? :baiting:

If anyone would like to have a cover recreated in black & white, i.e. the style in the link, let me know, happy to do it and will send to said party.

Just looking to get more experience and hopefully that can be gained by having strange and wonderous cover request by the UK guys. Different covers then what I tend to go for myself.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5800906#Post5800906

Defenders #24

13619-2569-15265-1-defenders-the_super.jpg

Ok Andrews 3rd :)

(worship)

Defenders #24

13619-2569-15265-1-defenders-the_super.jpg

Ok Andrews 3rd :)

(worship)

This is going to be tough one. Not for the sheer amount of characters but the odd angles everyone is at.

I'm currently finishing a Mystery in Space cover with Space Ranger & Adam Strange, and both are at odd angles, getting the proportions right at those angles is quite a challenge.

Took me 2 hours to get it right.

I should hopefully finish this tonight and will start on Waylanders, I'll post a pic when done of the MiS.

you considered buying a light box, you could pick one uup for about £30 and then trace the positions

I wouldn't feel as though I had "done" it though. I try to do everything free hand.

Doing the titles I was using a backing board and trying guage spacing to get it right.

Not sure how the professionals go about doing lettering.

Apologies for the repeat post for those of you on the UK PM, but:

Does anyone have any Half Backs that they would be willing to sell? I need the modern size ones (size 700).

Also possibly interested in Full Backs of the same size. Please let me know by PM.

Thanks!

Adam

Spidey Sense

Whizzer

Gaz2810i

Arsenalherd

Kevin.J

Gaz973

Flaming_Telepath

1koko

Waylander

Stryfe1000

Buddymagoo

Ken Aldred

Balham's Finest

nmtg9

Bane

Batmiesta

PsychoJ

PulpCultureComics

Goldust40

Deanokeeno

Comicopolis

Collector Bill

Max Carnage

DCMan

chromium

T3quila

djc81

Osborn_fr

songsaboutclouds

Boozad

Marmat

hesdeadjim

He11blazer

Kenners

Peter in Portugal

Herc2000

Kenners

cryptkeeper

Romain

Anfield Fox

EwanUK

StarkEnterprises

Maccai3

I am honestly amazed at how many UK and European board members there now are on here.

Maybe symbiotic would like in? He registred recently and i've seen him around a few threads. One where he was wondering about a 9.0 AF 15 in London for $9k :o

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll send him a PM. (thumbs u

I sent Symbiotic a PM, he's read it and not replied so I'm assuming that he's not interested.

Ok Brian, my MiS cover is done so I will be starting on your Witchblade cvr this evening.

Just looking for a good printout.

I contemplated buying one cheap off fleebay but there are none for sell at all in UK lol.

i'm contemplating the Manchester Con (or Expo) next month, anyone been in recent years? i'm a virgin. (not a statement about my personal life)

I think that's the one that's focused on manga, anime and small press, self-published material.  A pal who attended last year told me there were no comic dealers.

Ok Brian, my MiS cover is done so I will be starting on your Witchblade cvr this evening.

I contemplated buying one cheap off fleebay but there are none for sell at all in UK lol.

I will try and find my copy tonight and do a larger scan - but my boxes are not labelled so it will be a bit hit and miss. :facepalm:

Alternatively, I believe our favourite UK comic dealer (FT) may have one. :gossip:

I will try and find my copy tonight and do a larger scan - but my boxes are not labelled so it will be a bit hit and miss. :facepalm:

Alternatively, I believe our favourite UK comic dealer (FT) may have one. :gossip:

I'll start from a printout and see how I go. I always prefer to go from a comic... although Kevin J's request for Cap America #1 will be hard to do lol