• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

Ok Brian, my MiS cover is done so I will be starting on your Witchblade cvr this evening.

Just looking for a good printout.

I contemplated buying one cheap off fleebay but there are none for sell at all in UK lol.

I will try and find my copy tonight and do a larger scan - but my boxes are not labelled so it will be a bit hit and miss. :facepalm:

Alternatively, I believe our favourite UK comic dealer (FT) may have one. :gossip:

Spent over an hour on this and I'm getting no where. The black & white printout from work is just rubbish, all the greys, silver and blacks have melded into a big mess and I'm having hard time descerning anything.

I'll have to grab that copy off F_T as I definately need a colour version to differentiate between all the colours and shading.

GRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, but you wanted a challenge :foryou:

*shakes fist - why I outta!

F_T is sending me a copy. When it gets here I'll start. (thumbs u

Will do something else in the mean time.

Damn cheap work place and their B&W printers!

they'll be back up in a year with the looks of things, debt free

didn't harm Juventus much

Yeah, but Juve had some money and kept most of their better players.

didn't harm Wimbled....oh wait

Spidey Sense

Whizzer

Gaz2810i

Arsenalherd

Kevin.J

Gaz973

Flaming_Telepath

1koko

Waylander

Stryfe1000

Buddymagoo

Ken Aldred

Balham's Finest

nmtg9

Bane

Batmiesta

PsychoJ

PulpCultureComics

Goldust40

Deanokeeno

Comicopolis

Collector Bill

Max Carnage

DCMan

chromium

T3quila

djc81

Osborn_fr

songsaboutclouds

Boozad

Marmat

hesdeadjim

He11blazer

Kenners

Peter in Portugal

Herc2000

Kenners

cryptkeeper

Romain

Anfield Fox

EwanUK

StarkEnterprises

Maccai3

I am honestly amazed at how many UK and European board members there now are on here.

Peter (comicfangermany) is keen to be added too...

Spidey Sense

Whizzer

Gaz2810i

Arsenalherd

Kevin.J

Gaz973

Flaming_Telepath

1koko

Waylander

Stryfe1000

Buddymagoo

Ken Aldred

Balham's Finest

nmtg9

Bane

Batmiesta

PsychoJ

PulpCultureComics

Goldust40

Deanokeeno

Comicopolis

Collector Bill

Max Carnage

DCMan

chromium

T3quila

djc81

Osborn_fr

songsaboutclouds

Boozad

Marmat

hesdeadjim

He11blazer

Kenners

Peter in Portugal

Herc2000

Kenners

cryptkeeper

Romain

Anfield Fox

EwanUK

StarkEnterprises

Maccai3

comicfangermany

(thumbs u

There's a thread in General about the earliest comic shops.

I wonder how far back we go, here in the UK?

I remember Quality Comics in New Cross, South East London (South pronounced Saff to those non locals) :cloud9: my first comic shop where Warrior was written in the basement.

Edit - 80's

Edited by Waylander

For me it's 91, Sigi's and Whatever Comics in Canterbury

Is that Siegi Longman?   Used to buy new stuff from him at some of the TUC marts, in the 90s.    Seemed friendly enough.  

I remember Quality Comics in New Cross, South East London (South pronounced Saff to those non locals) :cloud9: my first comic shop where Warrior was written in the basement.

Edit - 80's

Early 90s - Forever People in Bristol, at the bottom of Park Street.

Those were the days.

As far as Manchester is concerned, the first big comic shop was Odyssey 7, which opened late 1980 or so, can't recall exactly.

A bookshop called Chapter and Verse started selling import comics and back issues in mid 1977, which provided me with my first opportunity to buy new ND comics.

Early 1981 I found a unit selling old comics in Manchester Corn Exchange, called Power Pulse, I think, but they had been there quite a while before that.

I'm sure we are all aware of the London shops that were open in the 70s,   such as Dark They Were and Golden Eyed and the original FP,  but I wonder if there were any others in the UK which preceded these?  

How far back do we go?

Forever People in Bristol, at the bottom of Park Street.

Those were the days.

That was a great shop.  Visited it in late 1984.  

I remember buying the Two- Fisted Tales EC Library set from them, which was generously discounted in a sale, and then having to lug that thing all the way North on the train.

I'm not that   :preach:

:sorry:

Or rather 

:whee:  

lol

I'm just deliberately playing the :preach: while I'm reminiscing here. (thumbs u

Forever People in Bristol, at the bottom of Park Street.

Those were the days.

That was a great shop.  Visited it in late 1984.  

I remember buying the Two- Fisted Tales EC Library set from them, which was generously discounted in a sale, and then having to lug that thing all the way North on the train.

Yeah, I was pretty sure they'd been open for a long time when I discovered them - but in 1984 I was 4 years old, so a little while to go before I discovered places like that!

my night is sorted, got Spider-Man for the PS3, just hope its half decent

Just finished Red Dead Redemption last night.  Great game and storyline.

I have the Game of the Year edition, so it's now on to Undead Nightmare.

As far as Manchester is concerned, the first big comic shop was Odyssey 7, which opened late 1980 or so, can't recall exactly.

A bookshop called Chapter and Verse started selling import comics and back issues in mid 1977, which provided me with my first opportunity to buy new ND comics.

Early 1981 I found a unit selling old comics in Manchester Corn Exchange, called Power Pulse, I think, but they had been there quite a while before that.

I'm sure we are all aware of the London shops that were open in the 70s,   such as Dark They Were and Golden Eyed and the original FP,  but I wonder if there were any others in the UK which preceded these?  

How far back do we go?

Timeslip :cloud9: in Newcastle was a great shop, My memory of it goes back to the 70s and there was another shop about the same time in Gateshead but I cant remember the name at the moment, but it will come to me.

How far back do we go?

Timeslip :cloud9: in Newcastle was a great shop, My memory of it goes back to the 70s and there was another shop about the same time in Gateshead but I cant remember the name at the moment, but it will come to me.

The shop in Gateshead was called Brainstorm it was okay but Timeslip was king.

I used to buy mail order from a shop in Leeds...I think called Skyrack...