• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

To give you guys an idea of what you might be getting with these cover recreations, here is the latest one I've finished but half-coloured with the new pens i've found.

I dont have all the necessary colours so have had to order somemore.

MysteryInSpaceCover.jpg

Ok UK buddies...

Who can get me a comic sized colour print out of Captain America #1 cover?

KevinJ's request to do this cover and after the catastrophe of Brian's request, where I was trying to do it from a B&W printout :(

If anyone can help would be appreciated.

On a side note, I have low grade copies of Brian & Andrews requests inbound so I will get a start on those soon.

I have printed off the cover on A4 paper - the image is not bad.

PM your address and I will post to you.

(worship)

I would request an Action # 1 cover but not sure if you can afford it. :baiting:

lol anyone got a reprint? (shrug)

Only joking, you know I'd ask for a Marvel don't you? :kidaround::makepoint:

I forgot you were one of "them". :baiting:

What crap, I mean Marvel cover do you want then? :foryou:

And they will now be "IN COLOUR" if requested. I've found some artist pens which are the dogs bollocks. :insane:

It might be an odd choice to some but I'd like to request the cover to Avengers # 373 please. Always been an Avengers fan and this is one that I liked when I was buying them in my early twenties.

http://www.comicvine.com/the-avengers-armageddon/37-38935/

Ok your 5th on the list. (thumbs u

(worship)

Was it GOSH that was on the same road as the British Museum?

Is that still there?

It was, but it's now in the heart of Soho on Berwick Street.

First time i've seen you post in this thread since i've been back. Why don't you post with your British brethren more often :makepoint:

Was it GOSH that was on the same road as the British Museum?

Is that still there?

It was, but it's now in the heart of Soho on Berwick Street.

First time i've seen you post in this thread since i've been back. Why don't you post with your British brethren more often :makepoint:

Not good enough for him :gossip:

30th Century is the only "real" comic shop still in existence in London.

Why do you say that?

only in that they only sell comics - and have significant back stock

It feels like a real comic shop.... maybe i'm getting old hm

30th Century is the only "real" comic shop still in existence in London.

Why do you say that?

only in that they only sell comics - and have significant back stock

It feels like a real comic shop.... maybe i'm getting old hm

It's a nice shop. Before that they had a tiny stall in the Putney Exchange then moved to a slightly bigger double stall before moving to the shop they're in now. Like you said they have a nice back issue stock, especially British comics. Over priced/overgraded but which shops aren't?

Kevin the shop you mean in Leeds - SKYRACK -was a stall in the Merrion indoor market. Ran by a nice guy called Ron.

He would save new releases and discount them 5 pence each. He must have been there since the mid seventies I think. My friend Henry has some of his catalogue still.

I thin EwanUK remembers it.

We also had Odyssey7 in Leeds from, I think, about 1984. FP swallowed that too.

Before that in Middles rough there was a seedy shop Borough Rd that had comics and a stall on the market in Stockton where I bought my first comic Power Man 23

Hi, back from Hastings (lovely holiday and the weather was fantastic)

Skyrack - yes Ron Bennett was one of the pioneers of British fandom. I recall going there around 1985 to buy 2000ADs (age 13) and I also distinctly remember buying Watchmen no.2 there. He was quite a cranky old man and wouldn't let me browse the early 2000ADs. I guess I was just an oik to him ;)

Odyssey (without the "7") opened in Harrison Street in Leeds in Oct or November 1986 (i think) It was certainly the same time X-Factor no.1 one came out as I remember it selling out (saved from a fate worse than death perhaps?)

Great shop... highlight was meeting Alan Moore & Dave Gibbons there on the watchmen tour in 1987.

It eventually became the FP and is now a wig shop I believe.

There was also one in the late 80s/ early 90s in one of the Arcades... can't remember it

I also went to the one in Mboro as I was there at Uni in the early 90s...

Also, once or twice to Odyssey 7 in Manchester as my elder brother was at UMIST there... also saw Pink Floyd at Maine Road in 1988 as a 16 year old - then got lost in Moss Side.. quite an education....

And finally, did managed to visit the Denmark Street FP once with my mum... happy memories :)

Which comic shop in the Boro?

I can't remember the name. It was a very small shop in an ornate (?) arcade, on the first floor, away from the town centre

near kwik save?

I remember buying the following -

Reagan's Raiders

Miracleman no.24

A sealed box of Star Trek TNG cards

Toxic and 2000AD

Kevin the shop you mean in Leeds - SKYRACK -was a stall in the Merrion indoor market. Ran by a nice guy called Ron.

He would save new releases and discount them 5 pence each. He must have been there since the mid seventies I think. My friend Henry has some of his catalogue still.

I thin EwanUK remembers it.

We also had Odyssey7 in Leeds from, I think, about 1984. FP swallowed that too.

Before that in Middles rough there was a seedy shop Borough Rd that had comics and a stall on the market in Stockton where I bought my first comic Power Man 23

Hi, back from Hastings (lovely holiday and the weather was fantastic)

Skyrack - yes Ron Bennett was one of the pioneers of British fandom. I recall going there around 1985 to buy 2000ADs (age 13) and I also distinctly remember buying Watchmen no.2 there. He was quite a cranky old man and wouldn't let me browse the early 2000ADs. I guess I was just an oik to him ;)

Odyssey (without the "7") opened in Harrison Street in Leeds in Oct or November 1986 (i think) It was certainly the same time X-Factor no.1 one came out as I remember it selling out (saved from a fate worse than death perhaps?)

Great shop... highlight was meeting Alan Moore & Dave Gibbons there on the watchmen tour in 1987.

It eventually became the FP and is now a wig shop I believe.

There was also one in the late 80s/ early 90s in one of the Arcades... can't remember it

I also went to the one in Mboro as I was there at Uni in the early 90s...

Also, once or twice to Odyssey 7 in Manchester as my elder brother was at UMIST there... also saw Pink Floyd at Maine Road in 1988 as a 16 year old - then got lost in Moss Side.. quite an education....

And finally, did managed to visit the Denmark Street FP once with my mum... happy memories :)

Which comic shop in the Boro?

I can't remember the name. It was a very small shop in an ornate (?) arcade, on the first floor, away from the town centre

near kwik save?

I remember buying the following -

Reagan's Raiders

Miracleman no.24

A sealed box of Star Trek TNG cards

Toxic and 2000AD

That would be 'Books n Comics' which was in the Forbes Building on Linthorpe Road. The only dedicated comic shop the Boro has had, until the lovely FP turned up.

The shop isn't there anymore but the guy who ran it still trades on Ebay under the same name.

OK, I've posted this in General, but just in case some of you don't visit before it drops off the page...

I gave eBay up almost five years ago, its rising fee structure and total lack of regard for the 'small sellers' - along with its total lack of communication and accountability - telling me I was no longer wanted.

One of my major issues has been the lack of control sellers now have. You get the nutters on eBay and they now have a loaded gun in the form of feedback and you've got a target painted on your back.

However, in an effort to publicise the business and drive eyes to the Comicana Direct site, I was convinced to start listing some cheap krap on eBay. I did it reluctantly, but could see the business sense, so I started about six weeks ago.

I previously sold on eBay for six years and never got a neg. Six weeks back in and I've got my first. :facepalm:

Guy wins a piece of cheap rubbish for 19p (around 27 cents) and pays promptly. Book gets sent by Royal Mail 1st class on 22nd June, no insurance. no tracking - hey, he obviously decided to avoid a £2.75 postal charge on a 19p book!

Nothing is heard until yesterday when seller claims not to have received the book. When advised it was posted on 22nd, he opens a claim.

Fair enough, I think. Upon further thought, I realise that without proof of postage (the receipts you get from the Post Office don't specificy location unless you've used Recorded or Special Delivery), I'm going to lose the case. For the sake of keeping things sweet in exchange for a total of £2.19 (book plus 1st Class postage), I refund immediately.

The end of it, you'd think?

Oh no, not a bit of it. :facepalm:

Within ten minutes of me issuing the refund, he leaves this feedback...

'RIP OFF- avoid. Refund given, as seller didn't want to sell item at low price.'

I couldn't actually believe it and contacted him immediately, asking him to remove the feedback as he'd not only got all of his money back, but he was also making statements that were wholly untrue and also libelous. I pointed to the rest of my feedback...

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=AllFeedback&userid=comicanadirect&iid=-1&de=off&items=25&interval=0&mPg=222&page=1

...where he would see that dozens and dozens of people have won bargain books for 19p and 49p and everyone else had received them and was more than happy. I asked him why I would risk my perfect feedback because a book sold for £1.50 less than it might have done and why I would only do it to him?

Ignoring all logic, the buyer wouldn't budge and stated that he would only retract the neg upon receipt of proof of postage...knowing full well that with the service he had paid for, you don't get proof of postage. :censored:

People, could you do both myself and yourselves a favour and place marvelbronzeagecomics (Simon Clark from Yorkshire, in case he's got another ID) on your blocked bidder list.

It might save you some hassle down the road. (thumbs u

OK, I've posted this in General, but just in case some of you don't visit before it drops off the page...

I gave eBay up almost five years ago, its rising fee structure and total lack of regard for the 'small sellers' - along with its total lack of communication and accountability - telling me I was no longer wanted.

One of my major issues has been the lack of control sellers now have. You get the nutters on eBay and they now have a loaded gun in the form of feedback and you've got a target painted on your back.

However, in an effort to publicise the business and drive eyes to the Comicana Direct site, I was convinced to start listing some cheap krap on eBay. I did it reluctantly, but could see the business sense, so I started about six weeks ago.

I previously sold on eBay for six years and never got a neg. Six weeks back in and I've got my first. :facepalm:

Guy wins a piece of cheap rubbish for 19p (around 27 cents) and pays promptly. Book gets sent by Royal Mail 1st class on 22nd June, no insurance. no tracking - hey, he obviously decided to avoid a £2.75 postal charge on a 19p book!

Nothing is heard until yesterday when seller claims not to have received the book. When advised it was posted on 22nd, he opens a claim.

Fair enough, I think. Upon further thought, I realise that without proof of postage (the receipts you get from the Post Office don't specificy location unless you've used Recorded or Special Delivery), I'm going to lose the case. For the sake of keeping things sweet in exchange for a total of £2.19 (book plus 1st Class postage), I refund immediately.

The end of it, you'd think?

Oh no, not a bit of it. :facepalm:

Within ten minutes of me issuing the refund, he leaves this feedback...

'RIP OFF- avoid. Refund given, as seller didn't want to sell item at low price.'

I couldn't actually believe it and contacted him immediately, asking him to remove the feedback as he'd not only got all of his money back, but he was also making statements that were wholly untrue and also libelous. I pointed to the rest of my feedback...

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=AllFeedback&userid=comicanadirect&iid=-1&de=off&items=25&interval=0&mPg=222&page=1

...where he would see that dozens and dozens of people have won bargain books for 19p and 49p and everyone else had received them and was more than happy. I asked him why I would risk my perfect feedback because a book sold for £1.50 less than it might have done and why I would only do it to him?

Ignoring all logic, the buyer wouldn't budge and stated that he would only retract the neg upon receipt of proof of postage...knowing full well that with the service he had paid for, you don't get proof of postage. :censored:

People, could you do both myself and yourselves a favour and place marvelbronzeagecomics (Simon Clark from Yorkshire, in case he's got another ID) on your blocked bidder list.

It might save you some hassle down the road. (thumbs u

I would say fucking unbelievable but with Ebay it really isn't. meh

I'll block him now to save the chances of running into him if I get around to selling there again.

re comic shops

i've posted these before, but here's some classic 1980s shops and related...

fantitan.jpg

fanodd.jpg

fannost.jpg

fanforevever.jpg

fanrocks.jpg

fantwi.jpg

I never went to these places but I love seeing the advertisments as they really take me back a few years. :cloud9: