• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

Just received a freaking customs charge card for £27.08...

I'm 99% sure this relates to a piece of OA that I ordered from the States. I know there have been numerous posts here about correct customs codes for comics, but not sure I've seen OA covered. Is this the kind of thing which I should be paying a customs charge on? Anyone else have any experience of this?

Thoughts appreciated...

Adam

I'm 99% sure this relates to a piece of OA that I ordered from the States. I know there have been numerous posts here about correct customs codes for comics, but not sure I've seen OA covered. Is this the kind of thing which I should be paying a customs charge on? Anyone else have any experience of this?

Thoughts appreciated...

Adam

UK Customs are on the rampage at the moment - seemingly stopping everything.

Unfortunately, I believe, posters and original art would attract VAT, and if so, then there would be import duty due - sorry :sorry:

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thoughts appreciated...

Adam

Unfortunately, I believe, posters and original art would attract VAT, and if so, then there would be import duty due - sorry :sorry:

Bugger :(

Well, I'm going to go and pay, then do the research and see if there's any way of claiming back. In case anyone's interested, this is what I've bought. Kerry Callen is excellent:

b4zrqq.jpg

Thoughts appreciated...

Adam

Bugger :(

Well, I'm going to go and pay, then do the research and see if there's any way of claiming back. In case anyone's interested, this is what I've bought. Kerry Callen is excellent:

b4zrqq.jpg

Cool page

The following link might help

Custom Gits

Thoughts appreciated...

Adam

Hi, I had the problem with a set of Miracleman comics I bought from eBay in the States where I was charged VAT and the shipper held the package hostage until the ransom was paid. Afterwards I did put in a claim to the UK Border Agency as comic books are meant to be VAT free but I didn't think I would get anywhere. However, last week I got a cheque back for the full amount, although the accompanying letter was full of legal jargon about not prejudicing future decisions on future imports.

I just need to try and claim the admin fee back off the shipper now!

Since then I have asked that sellers put PRINTED PAPERS (comic books) in massive letters on the parcels and on the customs forms in the hope the UK Border Agency let them through without charge (no bills yet).

AJ

What's best "printed papers" or "old books"?

Waiting for the day when someone at customs opens a slab and says "that's not a comic".

"Old Comic Books" has worked for me for 2 years now :wishluck:

What's best "printed papers" or "old books"?

Waiting for the day when someone at customs opens a slab and says "that's not a comic".

"Old Comic Books" has worked for me for 2 years now :wishluck:

Or just "old book". Either way I always ask the seller to write that (and nothing else) on the customs description form. Works for me.

OK, how many of you would be up for a Comicana Direct open day, maybe on a Saturday at the end of this month, start of next?

If we've got enough interest from further afield, maybe even a Comicana Direct open weekend and you can all double-bunk in the Premier Inn?

(shrug)

OK, how many of you would be up for a Comicana Direct open day, maybe on a Saturday at the end of this month, start of next?

If we've got enough interest from further afield, maybe even a Comicana Direct open weekend and you can all double-bunk in the Premier Inn?

(shrug)

:cry: I would love to go, but grounded and not allowed to spend money

(shrug)

(thumbs u

It would depend on work and stuff but since I'm just up the road then you know I'll be there for as long as I'm able to be. (thumbs u

BTW Nick, you could always post it in the UK selling PM so the guys who don't read this thread could see it.......

......... of course you may need a bigger office. :insane:

Bad time for me, will (hopefully) be in the US before then :(

Your priorities need hammering straight. :makepoint:

(shrug)

I'd be interested Nick.