• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

Well, I finished Brian's cover recreation request of Witchblade #41. Its the toughest one I've had to do so far and I'm pretty pleased with it.

Hope you like it Brian, will be in the post on Monday!

Witchblade41.jpg

Well, I finished Brian's cover recreation request of Witchblade #41. Its the toughest one I've had to do so far and I'm pretty pleased with it.

Hope you like it Brian, will be in the post on Monday!

Witchblade41.jpg

Chris,

As I said on my PM, the sketch is AWESOME, I hope you show it off in Comic General.

Let me know if you need my address.

Thanks again, (thumbs u

Brian

anyone here use this site below, just discovered it through Ebay and wondering if worth it, or knows people that run it?

http://www.comicpriceguide.co.uk/

Its ran by Duncan McAlpine who wrote the hard copy British PG years ago.

He offered me a free subscription when he got this up and running.

If I had to pay to get it I think that it would be well worth it.

There are lots of articles and features to read, a lot of this is accessible for free though.

I have tried to use it for a few more obsure titles that I collect and found no info, but in the main stuff is all there.

I have little or no interest in comic values but use it more for Variants and cover identification, so I dont know how reflective the values are of current market.

I believe that Duncan updates this daily and it is a work in progress. (thumbs u

Can anyone suggest somewhere to by mylites and full backs? Is it a case of eBay or is there a shop that does a better deal. Nick if your reading does comicana do comic storage/supplies?

Just wanted to have something more substantial for my signed raw books and SA raw books. Have always used normal bags and boards up until now.

Thanks

Can anyone suggest somewhere to by mylites and full backs? Is it a case of eBay or is there a shop that does a better deal. Nick if your reading does comicana do comic storage/supplies?

Just wanted to have something more substantial for my signed raw books and SA raw books. Have always used normal bags and boards up until now.

Thanks

I get all my supplies from Comicana, send Nick a PM and I am sure hey will try and get what you want.

anyone here use this site below, just discovered it through Ebay and wondering if worth it, or knows people that run it?

There are lots of articles and features to read, a lot of this is accessible for free though.

I have tried to use it for a few more obsure titles that I collect and found no info, but in the main stuff is all there.

I have little or no interest in comic values but use it more for Variants and cover identification, so I dont know how reflective the values are of current market.

I believe that Duncan updates this daily and it is a work in progress. (thumbs u

You know i read those price guides in the 90's when i was a kid and they were the best thing, i literally spent months pouring over it learning about comics. Every page, every price. I learned everything from there.

15 years later and it turns out i'm buying from McAlpine on eBay and i got so excited. The books arrived and they were overgraded. I have a feeling one might even be restored but i haven't sent it to CGC yet. Huge let down that the guy who wrote those guides and even taught me to grade didn't grade like he preached :(

He did (maybe still does?) have some awesome stuff for sale though.

You know i read those price guides in the 90's when i was a kid and they were the best thing, i literally spent months pouring over it learning about comics. Every page, every price. I learned everything from there.

15 years later and it turns out i'm buying from McAlpine on eBay and i got so excited. The books arrived and they were overgraded. I have a feeling one might even be restored but i haven't sent it to CGC yet. Huge let down that the guy who wrote those guides and even taught me to grade didn't grade like he preached :(

He did (maybe still does?) have some awesome stuff for sale though.

I have bought stuff from him on ebay and found his grading okay, but there was nothing really high grade, key or expensive in the stuff I have bought.

He does have some really good books for sale but mostly out of my price range.

Absolutely. Not crapping on the guy but was dissapointed because of who he was.

However aside from the overgraded books i bought i did pick up some really cool rare stuff from him that i had never seen for sale anywhere else in high grade.

Absolutely. Not crapping on the guy but was dissapointed because of who he was.

However aside from the overgraded books i bought i did pick up some really cool rare stuff from him that i had never seen for sale anywhere else in high grade.

Such as? Haven't bought from him in some time...

UK Warrior set with the binder. Never seen that Binder anywhere else. Sold it here a few years ago because i needed the cash for a big purchase :cry:

Also some beautiful Australian Batmans from the 50's/60's in high grade.

Brought tickets to a Batman All nighter at the Imax in 3 weeks time lol

Batman Begins starts at 00:40 with a short break between that and the Dark Knight and the Dark Knight rises starts at 06:15

Can't wait :grin: