• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

You don't think BB and TDK are 10's :o and i took you for a Bat fan :makepoint:

Can't give it a 10. A 10 would presume to be perfect, I have nitpicks with all the films and when I have nitpicks, can't give a 10 ;)

Having watched them all recently u would give

Batman 7/10

Batman returns 8/10

Batman forever 5/10

Batman and robin 2/10

Batman Begins 8/10

The Dark Knight 10/10

The original Batman movies have aged quite badly but I still thought they were great films(1st 2 that is).

You're being rather too generous regarding Batman Forever and Batman and Robin....

Maybe, depends on how you view them Andy.

Batman Forever had its pluses. I felt Val Kilmer did a very good job, the first 15 minutes of BF are very well done. Batman suiting up, driving to the bank, Two-Faces first comments, the fight scenes, helicopter pulling the bank vault out and then Batman diving out into the ocean. All superb.

The down sides are Jim Carrey and the campy way Tommy Lee Jones went along with him.

They explored Bruces past, his dreams about his parents funeral and so forth, that was all very deep. Nicole Kidman, I've always liked her and she was very sultry in this.

I didn't like Chris O'Donnell but at least his outfit was ok. The ending was lame too.

Batman & Robin, yes it is a cheesy movie but then I was a fan of the 60s TV show just for the hell of it, if you can't appreciate the 60s TV show or 50s Batman comics then you won't appreciate B&R for what it is, CHEESEY FUN!

Nolan has brought to screen the Batman I grew up with, the Year One Batman, the Son of the Demon Batman, the Knightfall Batman, the Killing Joke Batman and no way can Burton or Schumachers efforts ever come close.

Edited by Bane

Having watched them all recently u would give

Batman 7/10

Batman returns 8/10

Batman forever 5/10

Batman and robin 2/10

Batman Begins 8/10

The Dark Knight 10/10

The original Batman movies have aged quite badly but I still thought they were great films(1st 2 that is).

I have to disagree with you Gaz.

Batman Returns was no where near as good as Batman, why? Because instead of Batman Returns it should have been called "Catwoman & Penguin feat. The guy that dresses like a Bat".

Burton pushed the villains stories ahead of Batmans. I mean 40 minutes in and Keaton has barely said more then 2 words and he's supposed to be the lead? It was all style over sustance with Burton and he failed on Batman Returns.

The excellent ending to Batman with him flying the Batwing, taking the Jokers balloons, getting shot down, climbing the cathedral, fighting the goons and dealing with the Joker far outweighs the Bat-Ski Boat, radio controlled penguins and Max Schreck getting electrocuted.

I have had all the 1960s episodes on DVD for about a year now, I keep meaning to start watching them but never really have the time. I loved these as a kid.

I sort of liked them at the time but felt they were poor representations of the comic.

When I first watched the series on the TV in the late 1970s, I was reading Batman of the day in the comics.

I just enjoyed them both and never tried to match the two together.

When I first watched the series on the TV in the late 1970s, I was reading Batman of the day in the comics.

I just enjoyed them both and never tried to match the two together.

Well, I could like both but still feel confused by the dichotomy.

It was like owning Never Mind the Bollocks and the Great Rock & Roll Swindle.

Time and distance do strange things.

Haven't watched B&R or BF since release so i shouldn't really comment.

I think TDKR will be considered an epic and will be appreciated more in the future. Amazing film but still too early to take it all in - needs a second viewing.

I'm probably going to get shot for this but I thought DKR was just ok, some nice twists but I wasn't left with the wow factor

I'm sure it was unintentional, and I'm not having a go - but you could have chosen a better form of words!

:eek:

i totally forgot what happened, i will change and i do apologise.

I'm probably going to get shot for this but I thought DKR was just ok, some nice twists but I wasn't left with the wow factor

I'm sure it was unintentional, and I'm not having a go - but you could have chosen a better form of words!

:eek:

i totally forgot what happened, i will change and i do apologise.

No worries. (thumbs u

I certainly didn't take any offence, but you know what it's like... someone might have done.

Adam