• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

I never knew they did a Captain Marvel series.

I've seen on the back of a comic book cover, Batman & Robin from the 60s along with Captain Marvel, Hawkman some old geezer dressed up, with a load of villains.

What other 60s series were there other then Batman & Robin?

The Captain Marvel Serial is from the 1940s, I also have Batman, Captain America and a few Superman serials from the same time + others that I cant think of off the top of my head.

The Green Hornet is just like Batman from the 1960s only with Bruce Lee.

Just done 144 episodes of Sgt Bilko onto DVD one of my favorite series of all time. Classic.

I've seen on the back of a comic book cover, Batman & Robin from the 60s along with Captain Marvel, Hawkman some old geezer dressed up, with a load of villains.

The Captain Marvel Serial is from the 1940s, I also have Batman, Captain America and a few Superman serials from the same time + others that I cant think of off the top of my head.

Just done 144 episodes of Sgt Bilko onto DVD one of my favorite series of all time. Classic.

Bilko is my favourite TV show ever. I wish they would show it on TV again.

Mine too. Not available on DVD?

I started a thread over in the Events forum about the Thought Bubble convention, Anybody here planning on attending?

Not me. :(

Had opportunities to go to that show in the past, but never went. They usually have decent guests at that event....

One of my books from LSCC has actually been graded! Funny thing is its a book I took with me but with not much intension of being signed. I had it in my bag when they did the next 50 people who get to stan lee queue get half signing for £20 or £25. Something like that. Anyway I had wolverine #1 patch series from a small run I'd bought in my bag and it's graded at a 9.6, which Im happy with.

Worse thing is my economies still haven't been graded! Sharon said it can't be long as about to go past their agreed upon max business days to grade. So hopefully should see them this side of the pearly gates!

We would have meet then as I was the the one selling those extra tokens and taking the cash lol made a lot of people very happy and even more people mad :)

That is funny to think we'd have met. I was walking past on my way to stans panel when the announcement went out so thought I'd grab the opportunity to get the extra book done,(considering how much I'd been charged for my other 2) then they wouldn't let me into the panel! I had a VIP tier 3 ticket as well! Luckily I got to go to VIP panel later so I wasn't as bothered but still that was the trade off in the end.

Mine too. Not available on DVD?

I think there is a best of collection, that's all.

Plenty of people on Ebay sell disks with all the episodes on - I think they are out of copyright - but I'm not sure what the quality is like.

You would think that with all of these TV channels now that somebody would show it.

I started a thread over in the Events forum about the Thought Bubble convention, Anybody here planning on attending?

Had opportunities to go to that show in the past, but never went. They usually have decent guests at that event....

I won't be going after all :(

Annoyingly it's the Arsenal/Spurs match on the 17th and after missing last years match due to LSCC I don't think I want to miss this years :)

One of my books from LSCC has actually been graded! Funny thing is its a book I took with me but with not much intension of being signed. I had it in my bag when they did the next 50 people who get to stan lee queue get half signing for £20 or £25. Something like that. Anyway I had wolverine #1 patch series from a small run I'd bought in my bag and it's graded at a 9.6, which Im happy with.

Worse thing is my economies still haven't been graded! Sharon said it can't be long as about to go past their agreed upon max business days to grade. So hopefully should see them this side of the pearly gates!

We would have meet then as I was the the one selling those extra tokens and taking the cash lol made a lot of people very happy and even more people mad :)

That is funny to think we'd have met. I was walking past on my way to stans panel when the announcement went out so thought I'd grab the opportunity to get the extra book done,(considering how much I'd been charged for my other 2) then they wouldn't let me into the panel! I had a VIP tier 3 ticket as well! Luckily I got to go to VIP panel later so I wasn't as bothered but still that was the trade off in the end.

What day did you do the Stan Lee evening?

What day did you do the Stan Lee evening?

That night, the sat. Not quite the way I pictured it when I bought the ticket but I enjoyed it.

Annoyingly it's the Arsenal/Spurs match on the 17th and after missing last years match due to LSCC I don't think I want to miss this years :)

You might not feel like that come Feb though Gaz...

...and I say that as a Gooner myself (although one that gave up his season ticket a year ago!)

You might not feel like that come Feb though Gaz...

...and I say that as a Gooner myself (although one that gave up his season ticket a year ago!)

i think Giroud will do well for you, he'll have to if/when RVP leaves

i buy Giroud on Fifa because i try to get my whole team to look like comic artists/writers (think Moebius)

on another Fifa note there's a player named George Lucas

Question... I put my ASM on eBay starting at 99p with a reserve of what I wanted for it in the UK Sales PM.

Guy has asked me "How much is the reserve?"

Should I tell him?

At the moment its got 7 days to go and is at £100.

Question... I put my ASM on eBay starting at 99p with a reserve of what I wanted for it in the UK Sales PM.

Guy has asked me "How much is the reserve?"

Should I tell him?

At the moment its got 7 days to go and is at £100.

Personally, no. He's should bid what he feels comfortable with and if its not the reserve then he's a CHEAPSKATE. If its the reserve or higher, then he has a chance to win it.