• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

Enjoyed my first time at golden orbit today, so many comic books that it was abit much to take it at first and ended up walking around like a kid in a candy store!

I ended up getting:

Batman 163

Sub Mariner 3

Tales to Astonish 100

Overall a good day!

Enjoyed my first time at golden orbit today, so many comic books that it was abit much to take it at first and ended up walking around like a kid in a candy store!

I ended up getting:

Batman 163

Sub Mariner 3

Tales to Astonish 100

Overall a good day!

Congrats. (thumbs u

How many dealer tables there?

Anyone going too or been to a golden orbit fair before? Going to the one in leeds tomorrow and wondering what to expect....

Hoping its going to be good fun :grin:

I was there!!!

Picked up Mind The Gap #1 (both covers) £1.75 each, 5 copies of Revival #1 - £1.75 each, Aquaman #9 1:25 variant, Daredevil #14 - 1:25 variant - £2.99 each from FP.

Loads of nice bits for 50p at OK comics and ...oh yeah Golden Orbit pants again.

I will be selling next month though so it will be much better!

P155sed off though as I walked in behind the guy that bought out some private sellers Walking Dead collection #30 thru #90, 2 copies of each.........50p each :frustrated:

I picked up Avengers 17, 28

X-Men 50

Thro 195 198

Iron man 169 206

Spider woman 50

Was quite busy today.

Neil

Sweet, what condition were the Avengers in, Neil?

The 17 is a good - only £8 and the 28 is a vg. Only need 30 for the first volume now.

The x-men 50 is vg but has a page crease from top to bottom but isn't a sub crease. That was £12 I wasn't sure on it but decided that it was too nice at the price to ignore.

The SW means I have finished the first series.

N

Edited by nmtg9

I ended up getting:

Batman 163

Sub Mariner 3

Tales to Astonish 100

Overall a good day!

were all the books sold raw?

I ended up getting:

Batman 163

Sub Mariner 3

Tales to Astonish 100

Overall a good day!

Yes my three books were all raw and it seemed to be that a lot of the stuff there was raw. However a few dealers had slabbed books but they were out of my price range! I think there were about 12 dealer tables...

I ended up getting:

Batman 163

Sub Mariner 3

Tales to Astonish 100

Overall a good day!

Yes my three books were all raw and it seemed to be that a lot of the stuff there was raw. However a few dealers had slabbed books but they were out of my price range! I think there were about 12 dealer tables...

slabbed eh? hm

I ended up getting:

Batman 163

Sub Mariner 3

Tales to Astonish 100

Overall a good day!

slabbed eh? hm

One of the dealers (can't remember the name, something like silverlink comics) had some cracking books...spent about 10 minutes looking at them and wishing I had a spare few grand!

silverlink eh hm

might go for the trip Saturday though i'm on holiday next month so i couldn't buy anything of worth

haha found their card, its Silver Acre...they had some really nice stuff.

Worth a trip out, even if just for a look. However I can never just go for a 'look' without buying something :/

Slight? lol

I hope if Liam shook hands with Darryl, he counted his fingers afterwards. :wishluck:

The Golden Orbit marts can feel 'same old' very quickly.  I stopped going in late 2006.  I have heard that attendance is declining significantly at all shows.