• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

Don't forget NFL pre season just started aswell, let's go Titans

Go Giants!!!

+1

Long term fan here, and they've won me some very decent money the last two Super Bowl wins (had them at 80/1 early last season).

High hopes for this year. Stronger D, and all the key players returning on offense, plus some exciting rookies.

Don't forget NFL pre season just started aswell, let's go Titans

Go Giants!!!

+1

Long term fan here, and they've won me some very decent money the last two Super Bowl wins (had them at 80/1 early last season).

High hopes for this year. Stronger D, and all the key players returning on offense, plus some exciting rookies.

Go Steelers :headbang:

This is a little corner of the UK.... not U.S. :sumo:

Take your padded peanut hugging discussion to the WC! rantrant

I was about to say... :grin:

However the Yanks in the WC know way more than us about their game. It'd be nice not to have Tim (God bless 'im) get all hoity on us when we're having an NFL discussion.

However the Yanks in the WC know way more than us about their game. It'd be nice not to have Tim (God bless 'im) get all hoity on us when we're having an NFL discussion.

Tim is a Liverpool fan, he's going to give his opinion whether you want it or not lol

Tim is a Liverpool fan, he's going to give his opinion whether you want it or not lol

Liverpool are 33-1 to win the league this year, for those who know nothing about gambling it means if you put £50 on, you will lose £50

Liverpool are 33-1 to win the league this year, for those who know nothing about gambling it means if you put £50 on, you will lose £50

lol

lol

And the Arse are about 15-1, which is the longest we've been for ages, but still not long enough to make any decent money without risking a lot.

Also, we're almost certainly not going to win the league, 4-0 defeats of Cologne notwithstanding...

lol

And the Arse are about 15-1, which is the longest we've been for ages, but still not long enough to make any decent money without risking a lot.

Also, we're almost certainly not going to win the league, 4-0 defeats of Cologne notwithstanding...

It'll be like last season.

lol

It'll be like last season.

I very much doubt we'll start as badly, but if you mean finishing 3rd then I'd say that's about right.

For the first time in a long time though, I'm very optimistic about our squad. Particularly if Wilshire actually does come back in October and doesn't turn into a Rosicky-like perma-crock.

This just reminded me to check Uniteds odds and we're 2nd favs 12-5. I never bet on the outright winners and these odds mean I won't be changing that. If we don't come up with a couple of surprise marque midfield signings in the next week then there's no way we're winning the league

Edited by PsychoJ

looking at Arsenal's team on Wiki they have...

2 Polish

6 French

2 German

1 Belgian

1 Czech

2 Spanish

1 South Korean

1 Dutch

1 Brazilian

7 English

1 Welsh

1 Cameroon

1 Swiss

1 Russian

1 Italian

1 Finnish

1 Ivory Coast

1 Moroccan

not to mention a Costa Rican, a Japanese and another Brazilian out on loan

2 Polish

6 French

2 German

1 Belgian

1 Czech

2 Spanish

1 South Korean

1 Dutch

1 Brazilian

7 English

1 Welsh

1 Cameroon

1 Swiss

1 Russian

1 Italian

1 Finnish

1 Ivory Coast

1 Moroccan

Yes - that type of diversity of nationalities isn't too atypical of the top teams these days (in the Premier League, at any rate).

2 Polish

6 French

2 German

1 Belgian

1 Czech

2 Spanish

1 South Korean

1 Dutch

1 Brazilian

7 English

1 Welsh

1 Cameroon

1 Swiss

1 Russian

1 Italian

1 Finnish

1 Ivory Coast

1 Moroccan

Yes - that type of diversity of nationalities isn't too atypical of the top teams these days (in the Premier League, at any rate).

I remember the old days...the UEFA Cup final of 1984, when every player bar one in the Spurs squad was English. Not British....English. The exception was a Scot. :preach: