• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

Well, I'm doing a Nick Fury #1 next so anyone wants it, just say the word. (thumbs u

I love that cover.

I can't believe no one has asked for the Nick Fury #1, Chris I would love it if you do it (thumbs u

I thought someone had said 'I love that cover' that is claiming... No?

:whistle:

Sorry, if that was you claiming it then it's all yours (thumbs u

I simply read your post as "I love that cover", which is what its says, rather that "I would love to have it?" or "I take it?" Honest mistake doh!

The Toon off to a flyer. :banana:

Oh yes! :whee::whee::whee::whee::acclaim:

And proof positive that "You only sing when you're winning" was

written for St James Park.

I was talking to a guy at the other end of the stadium yesterday that agreed with me

Always singing Newcastle's praises and we have never won nowt in my lifetime. ??????

I hate the hot weather. Can't sleep so i end up here to get teased rantrant

Air conditioning.

A God send

Either that or open windows :insane:

Great idea, just got my unit out of storage :applause:

Set up an electric fan in the middle of the night cos it was too freakin hot. I hate the hot weather. At least when it's cold you can keep warm easier.

Well, I'm doing a Nick Fury #1 next so anyone wants it, just say the word. (thumbs u

I love that cover.

All yours.

Should be done by the time of the boardie meetup :)

I love that cover.

All yours.

Should be done by the time of the boardie meetup :)

(worship)

I've been thinking about taking an art class of some kind.

What I can copy and what I can draw are worlds apart.

I'm wondering if there are artists where it comes natural like Neal Adams, do any of them have any training or do they find they can draw and are that damn talented?

I'd really love to produce my own stuff but really do suck at it. My latest attempts looks like a 6 year old did it.

I'm wondering if there are artists where it comes natural like Neal Adams, do any of them have any training or do they find they can draw and are that damn talented?

Some just have amazing natural ability.  Adam Hughes is a good example.

even with a "natural ability" certain techniques are most certainly learned even if self taught, they just have a better eye for judgement and interesting poses

I've been thinking about taking an art class of some kind.

I'd really love to produce my own stuff but really do suck at it. My latest attempts looks like a 6 year old did it.

learn anatomy and get drawing reference books, after more practice you'll find yourself needing to look at them less and less, i use this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dynamic-Figure-Drawing-Foreshortening-Practical/dp/0823015777/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1345476962&sr=8-13

it has some very comic book esq poses in it too which is useful

i wouldn't spend money on classes to be honest, with all the books and youtube video's out there then i dont really see the point, and when you learn the teacher sucks at art you lose all faith in the lesson, watch some youtube video's and get some books

i heard Jim Lee talking about triangular compositions when drawing to make layouts more visually interesting which really works in splash pages and covers and any art, Edvard Munch's Scream uses this...(on the right)

http://littlemissanalysis.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/triangular.jpg

in comics

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-c2FTgRd-8Zc/TffEco8ayqI/AAAAAAAAHS8/I4zHs6Zu_yw/s1600/Superman-Family-185-FC.jpg

Superman's head, Jimmy's Head and Superman's Foot being the three points

even with a "natural ability" certain techniques are most certainly learned even if self taught, they just have a better eye for judgement and interesting poses...

Which makes it easier and quicker for them to learn the techniques.  

even with a "natural ability" certain techniques are most certainly learned even if self taught, they just have a better eye for judgement and interesting poses...

Which makes it easier and quicker for them to learn the techniques.  

oh definately yes, i thought you meant like some people didn't need to learn or something but yes it speeds up learning alot