• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

Another sad day...

Derek Jameson RIP

:sorry:

Sad news. At one point he had a very high profile, to the extent that he would regularly get mocked (with affection) by Private Eye magazine (they called him Sid Yobbo).

Sad, haven't heard his name for years.

Ok guys hopefully this is my last Amateur looking cover recreation!

All the tools the "pros" use turn up tomorrow :wishluck:

FF5Colour.jpg

Very good mate, great to see you doing the fully colour versions. Will be looking forward to seeing your work with the nice tools you've ordered yourself. Will pming you my cover choice. (thumbs u

I took a Detective Cover and tried to do a quick convention-esq sketch, this is thicker paper then what I've been using and the black pen is actually a Sharpie.

I'm trying to unlock the secrets of how Excelsior did his looking so good!

Anyways, I've got another trick up my sleeve. There might be a hiatus on drawing as I set to work on the next project but if all goes to plan, it should be good. (thumbs u

What do you guys think?

BatSketch.jpg

I'm looking forward to seeing your progress, Chris. :headbang:

Just seen a cover that might be worth asking you to do when you have time....... and it's not Marvel. :o