• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

We will be set up, with four tables. My gut feeling is that it won't be that great for sellers but we will see. Alan Moore is the main guest but won't be signing. We see it as a good way of getting flyers out and driving custom towards the website. If it's not much cop on Sat we'll probably not bother with the Sunday.

You never know with these shows, we do really well at the London Film & Comic Cons as we do lots of toys and pop culture stuff as well. Not sure what the customer demographic will be for this one. It's an unusual venue as well so it's a shoot.

There's no Friday load in, so it'll be a 5.30a.m. Start for me on Saturday! :facepalm:

Golden Orbit is in Manchester, anyone going?

Never been to one but I'm definitely thinking about it.

If you haven't  been to one before, it could be worth a look.  Same dealers  in general, with an occasional new face taking a table from time to time, but it soon becomes a very repetitive experience.  I don't do them anymore mainly because I have problems handling the city centre on Saturdays.

I'd only be going for modern's, would it be worth it?

Firstly, it's a small, limited show.

I can only think of one good new comics dealer who was there - Split Infinity.  I have no idea if they still attend.  Tony Taylor, who was situated opposite them at the time, can bring recent material in his stock at reasonable prices. I have been told recently that there are still plenty of the usual remaindered 50p and £1 modern comics dotted around the show, but I'm not sure at all about the more expensive modern variants.

Even though I'm a bit out of touch, hope that helps.

I spend far to much on moderns, they make up a big part of my reading. I do enjoy the books still though so will keep on with my monthly subs but do need to reduce the amount of books I pull. I'm seeing the marvel now change as a chance to drop a few titles