• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

My weekend was:

Taking my niece for burger and chips in town.

Some eBaying.

Working on Jamie's Hulk #1.

Watching bad decisions in a very Pro Man U Vs Chelsea match.

An infinately better weekend than mine.

Picked up a poorly Alex from Nursery on Friday and was immediatly infected with his stomach upset.

Spent all Friday night and most of saturday either "talking to" or sitting on the bog.

Unpleasant is an understatement.

On the plus side, I've probably shifted another half stone towards my Ka-Zar cos-play challenge for LSCC :)

There's always an upside...

Ka-Zar :popcorn:

My weekend was:

Some eBaying.

Clattenburg deserves censure for making me sympathize with Chelsea, especially regarding Torres's ludicrous sending off.

Torres dived and grabbed hold of his knee, which may have been brushed by a leaf, I'm not sure.

Deserved second booking, hence the sending off.

My weekend was:

Some eBaying.

Clattenburg deserves censure for making me sympathize with Chelsea, especially regarding Torres's ludicrous sending off.

Torres dived and grabbed hold of his knee, which may have been brushed by a leaf, I'm not sure.

Nah. Bit of play acting doesnt take away from the fact that Evans clipped him, which was intentional.

Ivanovic, to me, accidentally clipped Young's heels and got sent off.

The whole game was pro-Man U.

Shouldn't Rooney have gotten a 2nd yellow ?

My weekend was:

Some eBaying.

Nah. Bit of play acting doesnt take away from the fact that Evans clipped him, which was intentional.

Play acting = cheating = yellow card (thumbs u

Ivanovic was last man, hence the sending off.

My weekend was:

Some eBaying.

Play acting = cheating = yellow card (thumbs u

Ivanovic was last man, hence the sending off.

He was still fouled :whistle: You could tell by Evans reaction he feared the worst.

True.... but accidental. If the ref was following a strict letter to the law then I believe Rooney should have been given a 2nd yellow and thus sent off as well.

Just because you are fouled doesn't meant you have to go down.

He had a clear run on goal but decided to fall over and clutch a non-existent injury on his knee.

And let's not forget he could easily have got a straight red in the first half.

Just as Suarez should have been sent off in the Everton match.

It's behaviour like this that is driving fans away from the game.

:slapfight:

Bad referee decisions, players like Suarez and the "rub" that Man U gets is what is making me turn off football these days.

Believe it or not but I would rather watch Reading in the Championship then the Premier League!

Suarez is an insufficiently_thoughtful_person, the quicker he's out of the league the better

Ivanovic was a definate red, they make those challenges look accidental but they know what they're doing. Torres was clipped and the ref was abit quick with the cards but we've had our fair share of decisions against us this year so you have to take what you get.

News says Chelsea have lodged a complaint about racism from the ref to Mikel, sounds abit made up to me, no one on the pitch reacted accordingly

Bad referee decisions, players like Suarez and the "rub" that Man U gets is what is making me turn off football these days.

Believe it or not but I would rather watch Reading in the Championship then the Premier League!

did you see the Spurs game? 3 penalties we should have gotten

I did.

But it seems every time I watch Man U, 90% of the time they get the "rub".

I did.

But it seems every time I watch Man U, 90% of the time they get the "rub".

i know what you mean, but as a team who has more possession then you generally get more penalties/free kicks than the teams defending.

i still think if you take out the Torres decision the Clattenberg didn't do too badly, tried to let the game run, but Torres forced him to make a decision by going down

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB8M8Dt_7tY

for those saying he got clipped, including me, he clearly buckles under the leg that doesn't get clipped

American Football. The CFL isn't distinguished from the NFL in that regard.

CFL>NFL

Doesn't the preference here really boil down to which set of rules is more to one's liking? I don't necessarily think there's a wide divide in talent, although the NFL has deeper pockets to woo players and staff. Top prospects will generally follow the money, so that seems to place the CFL at a disadvantage, if the paycheck is the primary motivation for the player or coach.