• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

I watched Warrior last night.

Everyone should see this movie, even if your not a fan of MMA. Its a powerful story of forgiveness and redemption.

warrior1_45380a.jpg

Don't mock the Ultimate Warrior (tsk) he was better then Hogan.

Everyone should see this movie, even if your not a fan of MMA. Its a powerful story of forgiveness and redemption.

warrior1_45380a.jpg

Grrrr....Take that puny crocodile!!!

crocodile-dundee.jpg

warrior1_45380a.jpg

It's pronounced "Uwtima Wowyer" if I remember correctly

lol Thats it exactly :roflmao:

Warriors come out to play.

No one remember the classic movie :sorry:

I do, it's one of my all time favourites. That was the scene with the bottles on the fingers.

warriors-come-out-to-play.jpg

Warriors come out to play.

No one remember the classic movie :sorry:

I do, it's one of my all time favourites. That was the scene with the bottles on the fingers.

warriors-come-out-to-play.jpg

:whee:

I was 16 when that movie came out. 1979 was somewhat of a vintage year for youth tribe films - Quadrophenia, Scum, The Wanderers, The Warriors. The Warriors was a unique film in many respects as (unlike The Lords Of Flatbush and the Wanderers) it portrayed contemporary youth gangs in a nightmare scenario, with no trace of nostalgia. Remarkably the film hasn't dated that much. IMO, it's the U.S.'s version of A Clockwork Orange.

Great film. The first X certificate I saw at the cinema.

I would get it on Blu-Ray, but there are some comic strip sections inserted into it throughout. Don't think it really needed messing around with like that. A pity.

I would get it on Blu-Ray, but there are some comic strip sections inserted into it throughout. Don't think it really needed messing around with like that. A pity.

Seriously?? Never heard of comic strip sections connected to the movie. Either way how utterly ridiculous.

Still have my VHS copy on my shelf.

Just a heads up for those interested: episode 1 of Comic Store Heroes is repeated on Nat Geo tomorrow (sat) at 1.00 pm.

For those who haven't seen it, it's a 'reality' show set in Midtown Comics in NYC. Parts of it are obviously contrived bs but it is still entertaining to those with an interest in comics in general.

Seriously?? Never heard of comic strip sections connected to the movie. Either way how utterly ridiculous.

Still have my VHS copy on my shelf.

Yup, no kidding. Luckily I checked the reviews on Amazon before purchasing it. No other DVD / BD version available. :facepalm: