• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

I agree stunning Chris.

Did I misread Kevin's post did he get rid of some comics/boxes of comics or did my eyes deceive me?

Not a hoax, not a dream, not an alternate universe, Kevin has actually got rid of 20 long boxes.

Only another four thousand long boxes to go. :insane:

I agree stunning Chris.

Did I misread Kevin's post did he get rid of some comics/boxes of comics or did my eyes deceive me?

Not a hoax, not a dream, not an alternate universe, Kevin has actually got rid of 20 long boxes.

Only another four thousand long boxes to go. :insane:

lol

I am using 4 boxes, filled them up with sheight at least five times over, it it hadnt been for the rain it would have been a lot more by now.

Still Kevin,

I think this signals the begining of the end. You've probably got rid of more comics than most of us own.

What made you finally decide to do it?

He needed the room to fit more comics in. lol

Still Kevin,

I think this signals the begining of the end. You've probably got rid of more comics than most of us own.

I know you were joking Garry, but that is the truth.

I am only getting rid of duplicates and only VG and below, these are overspill from all the collections I bought and stripped back in the day.

Most of this stuff has no monetary value other than great stories to read and I hope by giving them away, someone will read and enjoy them instead of them taking up my valuable space.

I was inspired by DR.X who was giving away coverless stuff a few months ago and a few others were commenting at the pointlessness of keeping loads of drek.

It is not the beginning of the end Henry, I promise, I just need to get my main comic room in order and to do that I need to move some stuff out to get more stuff in and I do not want the stuff coming out to get mixed in with the drek.

Answer = Bye Bye Drek.

Still Kevin,

I know you were joking Garry, but that is the truth.

I am only getting rid of duplicates and only VG and below, these are overspill from all the collections I bought and stripped back in the day.

Most of this stuff has no monetary value other than great stories to read and I hope by giving them away, someone will read and enjoy them instead of them taking up my valuable space.

I was inspired by DR.X who was giving away coverless stuff a few months ago and a few others were commenting at the pointlessness of keeping loads of drek.

It is not the beginning of the end Henry, I promise, I just need to get my main comic room in order and to do that I need to move some stuff out to get more stuff in and I do not want the stuff coming out to get mixed in with the drek.

Answer = Bye Bye Drek.

Good on you, mate. :applause:

Kevin where are the books actually going?

My lass is a dental nurse so have put loads into the waiting room of her surgery before anyway, I have just expanded on this and hit Doctors, Dentists and charity shops in the area, I gave some to people with kids in the car parks and plan on hitting the 3 main hospitals in Newcastle next.

I have dished them out all over the place in Newcastle town center last week.

Some people think you are trying to con them and wonder what the catch is lol

I put some in my local Indian Takeaway waiting room yesterday and there was loads of people reading them within a few minutes.

I might head down to Forbidden Planet next week and dish some out there just to pisss the staff off.

I might head down to Forbidden Planet next week and dish some out there just to pisss the staff off.

Careful, now.

The butcher's run is done! Half a turkey crown, a joint of beef, 12 rashers of smoked back bacon, 12 pork and black pudding sausages, two trays of pigs in blankets, 4 ribeye steaks, 1 large pork pie and a tray of duck liver and orange pate.

Now I don't have to leave the house until Boxing Day at the earliest. I'm sitting here with a steaming hot Alta Rica with a shot of Glennfiddich in relaxing and waiting for the bedlam that is Christmas Day. I'll start cooking soon to get the mainstay of the meat cooked so tomorrow is a bit less hectic.

The veg is prepared and the bird is just about to go in. Several single malt coffees into the day already, I may crack a bottle of Wolf Blass Cabernet Sauvignon after lunch before more of the Leffe bottles get a hammering.

Just spent the day in Whitby with my wife and two (grown up) kids. It was a really fun day, no comics put excellent fish and chips at the Magpie cafe (even if we had to queue for 30 minutes)

Kevin, I'm thinking of opening a doctors surgery in my front room so when you are giving away all your Silver Age COMICS, pop some into my surgery.

Seriously, what a fantastic idea Kevin - well done.