• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

Boro would be my preference but am happy to go anywhere. Food would be a great idea. If you all bore me to tears at least I could focus on my food.

Haven't really been drinking outside of Southfield Road (Or Yarm) in over 10 years so am relying on Andrew to take charge in the drinking schedule.

Chris is coming over to Redcar on the Thursday, the 3rd, and he and I will at least be eating and drinking in Redcar that night. People are more than welcome to stay at my house if you want but you'll probably end up sleeping on a sofa - or sharing a bed with Chris. lol

We can still come over to the Boro on the Friday but we'll have to get the last bus back to Redcar (11pm) were we will continue drinking until 3am. In theory, anyway.

Is it Friday the 4th we are planning to meet up or are you suggesting Thursday 3rd in Redcar. I'm happy to pick up Neil and Stryfe1000 (sorry don't know your name). I'm sure there are good curry houses (or other food if curry is not a favourite) in Redcar and in the Boro.

hi guys,

i hope you having nice holidays...can you give me your opinions on this topic?

My book came back from CGC today...grade turned out better than i've expected but its qualified. Reason for green label is small price sticker on left bottom corner of back cover.

i've read lots of discussions about green labeled books containing signatures unauthorized by CGC.

My question is, does green label mather so much in cases like this, when reason for it is

just very small visual imperfection? I was thinking about having sticker professionally removed and re-submitting this book...but is blue label really worth additional costs and risk of grade drop in this case? Any opinions?

alienis.jpg

hi guys,

My book came back from CGC today...grade turned out better than i've expected but its qualified. Reason for green label is small price sticker on left bottom corner of back cover.

i've read lots of discussions about green labeled books containing signatures unauthorized by CGC.

My question is, does green label mather so much in cases like this, when reason for it is

just very small visual imperfection? I was thinking about having sticker professionally removed and re-submitting this book...but is blue label really worth additional costs and risk of grade drop in this case? Any opinions?

alienis.jpg

That wouldnt bother me at all, sweet book, I have a few of those tucked away somewhere. (thumbs u

hi guys,

alienis.jpg

Well, it all depends on your personal preference. If you were asking from a financial point of view then it would be worth it for a valuable book but I'm very doubtful that it would be financially worthwhile for this book.

If you're asking from a collecting perspective then it's entirely down to what you prefer. If you really have a desire for your books to have matching labels then you might find it worthwhile but if the book itself is what you focus on then I'd just leave it like it is.

Personally, price stickers bug me so I wouldn't have got a book with a price sticker on slabbed but that's just me.

Thanks for your opinions, im probably going to leave the book as it is, im almost sure i will never get another copy like this one and i dont want to put it at risk. (its unbelievably glossy for 33 years old book, when i saw it i for first time i was even a bit suspicious about it being restored/re-glossed)

Well me and Chris will going out both nights. lol

Everybody else needs to decide on what they want to do.

I'm actually in Boro Fri-Sun so may be able to get out for a few on Sat night as well now. Just need to check the child care availability.