• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

This type of book can get dated and irrelevant quite quickly, as well.

I meant the Marvel Fact Files / Who's Who magazines, not the GN collections Paul has.

Yeah totally agree Paul.

The graphic novels reprint classic stories but the fact files will be out of date next week when Peter Parker becomes spidey again and we get a ret-con on the Surfer. (:

How cold was it David?

It was about -5 , but no wind, I was up the other week and the wind chill was about -15, now that was cold, I couldn't even get my phone out to take pictures.

Ouch. The wind chill is the worst!

Glad someone else appreciates it, I appreciated this in the pub afterwards.

2013-03-16182449-2_zps6884987f.jpg

Now there's a sentiment I can get behind. :cloud9:

Cool pics. Is that Blancathra? Love that mountain. Where did you stay?

Were you in tents, because that wouldve been a cold night!

Yeah! Blencathra, we stopped at the White horse inn on the A66, it has converted some stables into bunk houses, they have heaters in, so it was OK.

Yeah! Blencathra, we stopped at the White horse inn on the A66, it has converted some stables into bunk houses, they have heaters in, so it was OK.

(thumbs u never stayed there but enjoyed a pint or two there.

Looking for somewhere to climb this summer in the eastern Lakes. Will be at Appleby for Easter too.

I have done a fair few of the eastern fells, Hellvellyn via striding edge is a good one, but I would only tackle it in good weather, lots of easier ones too.

Done that one twice now, Including last year and it was very windy and misty so couldn't see a thing. doh!

High Street is good and others along there too. If you park at the end of the village Hartsop there are plenty of directions you can head in. (thumbs u

I stayed there years ago (Or rather on the campsite opposite). The last time I braved Blencathra, I came down the skree covered south face a bit too quickly, tumbled off a ledge and ended up with my right foot pointing backwards :( huge amounts if ligament damage to my ankle. It continued to spontaneously dislocate for a few years afterwards. Damned inconvenient.