• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

I have done a fair few of the eastern fells, Hellvellyn via striding edge is a good one, but I would only tackle it in good weather, lots of easier ones too.

Striding Edge is one of my all-time favourite walks / climbs. Not for the faint-hearted though, especially in wind or rain.

Cool pics. Is that Blancathra? Love that mountain. Where did you stay?

Were you in tents, because that wouldve been a cold night!

Yeah! Blencathra, we stopped at the White horse inn on the A66, it has converted some stables into bunk houses, they have heaters in, so it was OK.

I stayed there years ago (Or rather on the campsite opposite). The last time I braved Blencathra, I came down the skree covered south face a bit too quickly, tumbled off a ledge and ended up with my right foot pointing backwards :( huge amounts if ligament damage to my ankle. It continued to spontaneously dislocate for a few years afterwards. Damned inconvenient.

Ouch! Very easy to go over on your ankle on the fells, a good pair of boots are a must have.

I"ve cleared my drive and paths once already this morning. Going to have to do it again shortly :(

Picture :shy:

Managed to rope in some help.

Alex is a dab hand with a snow shovel and is happy to be paid in Cadbury buttons (TBH, aren't we all???)

A35F36C4-4C93-40C6-8BE3-B5491B8418B7-1541-00000203FB1E18E2_zps8760938b.jpg