• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

What do you call a deer with no eyes??

:)

Anyone from Newcastle in here? I'm heading there tomorrow for a few days to visit my sister and her young family, and want to try and visit any LCS's in the area, and introduce my little Nephew to a comic shop!! :) Anyone know of any good shops up there? A google search reveals a FP (bleh) and 'Travelling Man'.

Tanks in a vance.

:makepoint:

Where could I ask about those posters? Any UK forum of Marvelites you happen to know?

They're both from the 1982 Marvel UK Marvel Super Heroes comic - not sure which numbers but from the Davis / Moore issues so no.377 to 397 I think :)

just passing through...

Hi guys, sorry if posting this request here is inappropriate, but since this is "a little corner of the UK", I thought it fitted :D

I am sorting out my non-US Marvel stuff, and came across two mini-posters I recall I pulled out from a pair of UK magazines I own. They are these, one is an Alan Davis Hawkeye poster, and the other one a Daredevil (unidentified artist):

2nd one is by Bryan Talbot

That's brilliant Andy. Haven't seen it since it was on - around 1994 I reckon. Can't stand comic relief but we watched this by chance - we were on our way out and switched it on. Hilarious stuff.

Bob was a semi regular in our local (Star and Garter Andrew) around this time, especially after the Boro matches.

Yeah, saw him a few times in there and other places.

I was at Teesside Poly / Uni between 1990 and 1996 so frequented the Star many, many times. it was across from the Union.

Next door was The Southfield which was a little more localised.

Later up the road opened the erm.... can't recall. It was more upmarket and full of Boro footballers so all the best looking lasses went there.

When I first went in 1990 there was a pub on the top road called "The Empire" - drugs were on sale keenly at the door. I think it got renamed.

We used to go to Madisons on a weds night to find girls. Mostly unsuccessfully.

Ewan, you, I, and Andy were all frequenting the same pubs at the same time.

The pub was the Dickens, its still there. The Empire became the House.

Madisons was essential attendance for all student - you would see more people there than lectures lol

That's brilliant Andy. Haven't seen it since it was on - around 1994 I reckon. Can't stand comic relief but we watched this by chance - we were on our way out and switched it on. Hilarious stuff.

Bob was a semi regular in our local (Star and Garter Andrew) around this time, especially after the Boro matches.

Yeah, saw him a few times in there and other places.

I was at Teesside Poly / Uni between 1990 and 1996 so frequented the Star many, many times. it was across from the Union.

Next door was The Southfield which was a little more localised.

Later up the road opened the erm.... can't recall. It was more upmarket and full of Boro footballers so all the best looking lasses went there.

When I first went in 1990 there was a pub on the top road called "The Empire" - drugs were on sale keenly at the door. I think it got renamed.

We used to go to Madisons on a weds night to find girls. Mostly unsuccessfully.

We must have been ships that passed in the night.

Ewan, you, I, and Andy were all frequenting the same pubs at the same time.

The pub was the Dickens, its still there. The Empire became the House.

Madisons was essential attendance for all student - you would see more people there than lectures lol

Andrew :sumo:

Where could I ask about those posters? Any UK forum of Marvelites you happen to know?

They're both from the 1982 Marvel UK Marvel Super Heroes comic - not sure which numbers but from the Davis / Moore issues so no.377 to 397 I think :)

just passing through...

Many thanks but… I have none how those, and I am sure I pulled them from my books. I have just a few issues of the second Captain Britain series and two Captain Britain annual magazines (from 1979 and 1980). How’s that possible? hm

Ah, and Bryan Talbot on Daredevil… that is very interesting. Now that you have told me I see Talbot in that! :D

just passing through...

Many thanks but… I have none how those, and I am sure I pulled them from my books. I have just a few issues of the second Captain Britain series and two Captain Britain annual magazines (from 1979 and 1980). How’s that possible? hm

Erm... maybe you're a secret poster thief?

But they really are. From the following issues I believe and here's the others -

MSHset_zps1023f203.jpg

MSH392poster_zps05229278.jpg

MSH393poster_zps856f6ce3.jpg

MSH391poster_zps47d0e172.jpg