• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

Spurs already two down after half an hour at the Lane against mighty Southampton, and they're not known for comebacks. Looks as if the team are treading water until season's end. :(

the players AVB left don't really fit into Sherwood's formation, too many good midfielders, not enough up front

Not bad on the wings either, although nothing to match Bale...

Spurs were a bit sloppy all over the park today, especially in the first half defensively. Not enough quality finishers certainly, which has meant that results like today's are ground out rather than won with the finesse of three years ago. In the end Southampton's defending was worse than Spurs'.

But a win is a win. :banana:

Spurs already two down after half an hour at the Lane against mighty Southampton, and they're not known for comebacks. Looks as if the team are treading water until season's end. :(

the players AVB left don't really fit into Sherwood's formation, too many good midfielders, not enough up front

Spurs were a bit sloppy all over the park today, especially in the first half defensively. Not enough quality finishers certainly, which has meant that results like today's are ground out rather than won with the finesse of three years ago. In the end Southampton's defending was worse than Spurs'.

grinding out some results but 3 points is all that matters, you think they'll keep Sherwood? should have kept AVB IMO

grinding out some results but 3 points is all that matters, you think they'll keep Sherwood? should have kept AVB IMO

AVB was hard done by, given how new so many of the players were. I hope they keep Sherwood, but my guess is that Levy will get someone new in before next season.

I concur with the above.

Looks like I missed a genuinely classic El Classico - 4-3 to Barca, Messi gets a hat trick, Real have a man sent off.

Ramos must have the worst disciplinary record in Real Madrid history, 19 red cards in La Liga alone

I concur with the above.

Looks like I missed a genuinely classic El Classico - 4-3 to Barca, Messi gets a hat trick, Real have a man sent off.

Ramos must have the worst disciplinary record in Real Madrid history, 19 red cards in La Liga alone

It just means Spanish refs are that more easily duped compared to ours.... which takes some believing.

I concur with the above.

It just means Spanish refs are that more easily duped compared to ours.... which takes some believing.

This is true.