• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little corner of the UK
2 2

9,411 posts in this topic

I've just been back again.

It has officially degenerated into a toddler-level insult-a-thon.

Thank [insert preferred deity here] I've given up all moderns except Revival.

I'm travelling back to the 80's and intend to spend the rest of my days dreaming about bronze and copper Marvels.

Hello, I'm new to forum :)

I live in London.

Just wondering, if somebody could give me advice what is the easyest way to get my comics CGCd? I've never done it before, i heard about officials dealers where I bring my comics and they do it for me?

Sorry for my bad english again, hope you understand guys ;)

Edited by Dragunov

Hey guys, anyone know anything about resto work?

I've just picked up a grubby Silver Surfer #1 with the intent of having a go myself.

I've always wanted to have a go but looking for advice.

Ta

In the words of restoration maven Susan Ciccone - don't eff with it.

Seriously though, it all depends on what you want to improve, although I assume it's cleaning up the front cover. The man to ask regarding this on this forum is Ze-Man.

ps

Andy or Andrew...

what IS a "greebo"?

greaser I am guessing?

Reading a book titled "BOVVER" and may need some

glossary.

Sounds like a Richard Allen exploitation book (check Wikipedia HERE for a summary of this pulp author's numerous works regarding late 60s / early 70s British subcultures - an institution).

Hard to believe he churned out all these books:-

Boot Boys

Demo

Dragon Skins

Knuckle Girls

Mod Rule

Glam

Punk Rock

Skinhead

Skinhead Escapes

Skinhead Farewell

Skinhead Girls

Smoothies

Sorts

Suedehead

Teeny Bopper Idol

Terrace Terrors

Top-Gear For Skinhead

Trouble For Skinhead

Anyway, Grebo was very much a mid to late '80s (minor) subculture, which was similar to Goth but more longhaired late ' 60s biker / metal orientated. Studded leather jackets, leather kecks, biker boots etc. Bands who adopted or spearheaded the Grebo look were Zodiac Mindwarp and the Love Reaction and Crazyhead. Pop Will Eat Itself and the Wonder Stuff also had that look (a little) and following, although they were more straightforward indie, or in the case of PWEI, indie-dance.

Anyway, Grebo was very much a mid to late '80s (minor) subculture, which was similar to Goth but more longhaired late ' 60s biker / metal orientated. Studded leather jackets, leather kecks, biker boots etc. Bands who adopted or spearheaded the Grebo look were Zodiac Mindwarp and the Love Reaction and Crazyhead. Pop Will Eat Itself and the Wonder Stuff also had that look (a little) and following, although they were more straightforward indie, or in the case of PWEI, indie-dance.

Thanks for that info. I used to come across that term in articles about PWEI, Gaye Bykers On Acid, and a few other bands from England, but never understood what it meant. As I'm aware, the term wasn't used in the States to describe any particular bands or fashion styles.

Thanks for that info. I used to come across that term in articles about PWEI, Gaye Bykers On Acid, and a few other bands from England, but never understood what it meant. As I'm aware, the term wasn't used in the States to describe any particular bands or fashion styles.

Gaye Bykers On Acid would fit the Grebo bill. (thumbs u